We welcome user feedback and feature requests!

Azure App Service Backup Alerts

Could email notifications please be added to the Azure App Service Backups. It would be nice to be notified on a daily/weekly basis if the backups of my App Services and completing successfully, partially successfully or failing.

74 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Brad Hager shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Joachim de Vries commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If App Service backups fail we should receive a mail about that so that we can check and solve the problem. Right now we only see that we have no backups when it's too late (normally because we lost data)!

• Stephen Walsh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We've implemented a powershell script to do this using the Get-AzureRmWebAppBackupList cmdlet. It would be great if it was available as an option in the portal though

• Eduardo Macarrón commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

3 votes from my side.

We have moved DBs from ClearDB to Azure DB for MySQL with enforce SSL and all backups start failing but.... wie did't notice in a week.

If a backup fails, someone needs to fix it so having an alert is mandatory (at least for backup failures)

• Felipe Deco commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there any update on this? Is this feature going to be available anytime soon? Is there a way to script this to get notified on Success/Failed backup jobs?

• Sam Bosell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I setup a backup and it worked one day and said "Partially Backedup" and never ran again. If the backups are not reliable, alerts really need to be added.

Feedback and Knowledge Base