Web Apps

Web Apps in Azure App Service provides a scalable, reliable, and easy-to-use environment for hosting web applications. Select from a range of frameworks and templates to create a web site in seconds. Use any tool or OS to develop your site with .NET, PHP, Node.js, Python and more. Choose from a variety of source control options including TFS, GitHub, BitBucket and others to set up continuous integration and develop as a team.

More details about the services are available in the App Service documentation. If you have a technical issue, please open a post on the developer forums through Stack Overflow or MSDN.

Products that we listen to in this space include: App Service, Web Apps, API Apps and Web App for Containers.

We welcome user feedback and feature requests!

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Web App should use private IP in a VNet with Service Endpoints

Remove the limitation that prevents us from using Web Apps with Service Endpoints to limit access to Azure SQL database.

Limitation is described here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/sql-database/sql-database-vnet-service-endpoint-rule-overview?toc=%2fazure%2fvirtual-network%2ftoc.json#limitations
    "•A Web App can be mapped to a private IP in a VNet/subnet. Even if service endpoints are turned ON from the given VNet/subnet, connections from the Web App to the server will have an Azure public IP source, not a VNet/subnet source. To enable connectivity from a Web App to a server that has VNet firewall rules, you must Allow all Azure services on the server."

398 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi all,

We are currently working on items that will enable service endpoints for multi-tenant App service. We will share the news of the features we deliver on the App Service Blog here: aka.ms/AppServiceBlog.

We also expect to speak about this topic at the Ignite conference in September in Orlando.

Thanks,
      Oded

• Online Certificate Status Protocol (OCSP) Stapling

We are seeing some delays in Time To First Byte because OCSP stapling is not active on Azure Web Apps SSL endpoints.
      This causes our clients' browsers to call the issuing CA's endpoint before SSL negotiation can really begin.

Stapling would save the client browser from having to make an extra request to the CA checking if the certificate has been revoked.

There is also a potential privacy issue for our clients that the CA will be able to log these requests. If the web server takes care of OCSP on the other hand no requests will be sent from…

163 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        15 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’ve started deploying the feature to a small set of stamps. We’ll continue to monitor the stamps for performance and validate if the feature is working as expected. Once we are confident there are no issues, we will roll out to all regions.

Thanks,
        Oded

• Display slots should list their full name in the resource lists.

When you are viewing resources in the "All Resources" blade or in the "Resource Group" blade all slots are just listed using only their slot name, if you have many different web apps that all use slots you will see the same name repeated several times (see "Example Resource Group.PNG").

I suggest you display the name from the resources blade the same way you display it in the delete menu if you are deleting the base web app "BaseName-SlotName" (See "delete example.PNG")

24 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • [Azure web app LINUX] VSTS deploy to slot

Currently I am using VSTS for my CI/CD to azure web app linux
          However, unfortunately, there's still a pretty significant downtime for every deployment.

I tried to create a staging slot to minimize the downtime, and swap to production. however, VSTS doesn't allow me to deploy to my staging slot.

I created a github issues too here https://github.com/Microsoft/vsts-tasks/issues/4460

If I can't deploy to my slot, what's the point of having slot in the first place? Please prioritize this as I think this is a pretty important feature

14 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            2 comments  ·  Linux  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Automatically rebind SSL Certs that have Auto-Renew

Right now there is a way to purchase and Auto-Renew SSL-Certs for Web Apps. Unfortunately, the Auto-Renew does _NOT_ also bind the new cert to the WebApps where the cert it is replacing is currently bound to.

This makes Auto-Renew more or less useless, as one still has to manually bind the new cert once it becomes available.

A cert with Auto-Renew should automatically bind to all WebApps where the cert it replaces is used.

14 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              6 comments  ·  App Service Environment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Thomas,

Some feedback from our team:

We do not update the SSL binding on rare cases, and we do have the code working just that it happens on a different task. This is definitely a bug we will be fixing as soon as we can. Most likely will be dealt with in June.

Thanks,
              Oded

• Add native sitecore site support

It would be nice if you add native sitecore site support to your azure websites. Like you have with Umbraco.

9 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                1 comment  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • The java example from github (mysql-spring-boot-todo-master) has so many issues with it. This is supposed to be simple tutorial.

The java example from github (mysql-spring-boot-todo-master) has so many issues with it. This is supposed to be simple tutorial.

1 vote
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Don't see your idea?

Web Apps

Feedback and Knowledge Base