Web Apps

Web Apps in Azure App Service provides a scalable, reliable, and easy-to-use environment for hosting web applications. Select from a range of frameworks and templates to create a web site in seconds. Use any tool or OS to develop your site with .NET, PHP, Node.js, Python and more. Choose from a variety of source control options including TFS, GitHub, BitBucket and others to set up continuous integration and develop as a team.

More details about the services are available in the App Service documentation. If you have a technical issue, please open a post on the developer forums through Stack Overflow or MSDN.

Products that we listen to in this space include: App Service, Web Apps, API Apps and Web App for Containers.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow deploy via FTP/S over the private endpoint

We would like to have all communication to our web apps over our private networks via our Private Endpoint. We don't seem to be able to make a FTP or FTPS connection over the web app's private endpoint. Is that by design? Any plans to change?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. A new permission to enable Monitor tab for Azure Functions using a custom role

We want developers to be able to view the logs and configuration settings for function apps in production, but not make any changes.

Unfortunately the monitor tab can only be enabled with the "Microsoft.Web/sites/Write" permission which is not appropriate for read only access.

A new permission such as microsoft.web/sites/functions/monitor/action to enable the monitor tab and grant access to the logs would be better.

This is the least permissive custom role I have been able to come up with.

{

"properties": {

"roleName": "Function App Monitor",
    "description": "Allow access to the monitor tab and view configuration for Azure Functions",
    "assignableScopes": [
    1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Platform upgrade caused 503

Our app service had several 503 and 502 errors when I reached out to support I was told that there were storage migration/upgrade and app server upgrade.
    THIS IS URGENT FOR MICROSOFT TO NOTIFY AZURE ADMINISTRATORS, I thought about all the bad things(undocumented change, attack, etc) and I was told that there were upgrades.
    App Service plan: P1V2
    Started after midnight of Saturday 6-27 till this morning 6-29.(Pacific Time). please call me for further details.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  App Service Environment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. mcafee.com/activate

Go to the retail store or visit the online store of mcafee.com/activate and then proceed for the McAfee activate process. McAfee offers protection from thousands or can say many viruses and threats
    https://mcafee-com-activate-card.sitey.me/

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Diagnostics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. www.hp.com/support

The 123.hp.com/setup is actually a website which is set up by HP technicians to help people set up their HP Printer by downloading the printer drivers and other software through this website. On this website you can find directions on how you can connect your hp.com/support wirelessly, with help of USB cable and even things like how one can install a cartridge in the printer.
    https://www-hp-support.sitey.me/
    https://123-hp-com-laserjet.sitey.me/

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  App Service Environment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Need a feature that can display progress bar/pre calculation of Backup size of wwwroot folder while taking backup of webapp

Need a feature that can display progress bar/pre calculation of Backup size of wwwroot folder while taking backup of webapp

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Unable to create WebApp in Isolated plan with new create experience

In the classic web app creation experience, on selecting an isolated service plan for the new app, the domain name shown below the app name changes from azurewebsites.net to the domain name of the isolated plan.

This does not happen in the new create form. This means that you cannot enter an app name that has already been added to the azurewebsites.net domain.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote which allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

8. epson.com/support

Epson epson.com/support Printer Driver. This driver allows you to print to an Epson email-enabled printer anywhere in the world right from your computer. Important: In addition to the Epson Connect Printer Setup Utility above, this driver is required for remote printing. Not sure if have a 32-bit or 64-bit edition of Windows.
    https://epson-comsupport.sitey.me/

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  App Gallery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Application Insights integration not available in Linux .Net Core Web App, but I didn't see anything about this in the Web App options

Hello,

According to this article https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-monitor/app/codeless-overview#supported-environments-languages-and-resource-providers I understand that Application Insights integration is not available in Linux .Net Core Web App, but it would be a good UX improvement if you display a tooltip, a message or another way to display this information in the Web App option, just as already happened when you are creating the Web App

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Supportability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. FTPS only setting in Azure App Service

After enable "FTPS Only" in App Service, users still can see "FTP hostname" showed in "App Service > Overview". It's kinda confusing for users.

Will it be possible to disable or hide "FTP hostname" after enabling "FTPS only"? Since then, users can see the FTP status from Overview directly.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Log Cs-Username when configuring diagnostics settings for Storage account and log analytics

Currently when enabling web server logging it records the cs-username column.

When enabling diagnostics settings for 'AppServiceHTTPLogs' the cs-username is not being recorded.

Please consider parity between the two features.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Enable users to allow certain resources through a SQL Server firewall

Currently, to let a specific app service access a sql server, there are currently two options:

1) Scale the WebApp to at least S1 and put it in a VNET with a privat endpoint.
    2) Manually add all outbound IP addresses of the web app to the sql server's fiewwall.

There should be an option to allow a specific web app through the firewall of a sql server, for easier configuration.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  API Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Make @microsoft.keyvault references obsolete or safe

Currently all values from @microsoft.keyvault references in functions are copied to environment variables in the runtime. Although values are not visible in the portal, they are when opening a console.

If you type SET in the console (Windows runtime) you will see all your previously secret values.

This will not do.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  API Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 25 26 27 29 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base