Web Apps

Web Apps in Azure App Service provides a scalable, reliable, and easy-to-use environment for hosting web applications. Select from a range of frameworks and templates to create a web site in seconds. Use any tool or OS to develop your site with .NET, PHP, Node.js, Python and more. Choose from a variety of source control options including TFS, GitHub, BitBucket and others to set up continuous integration and develop as a team.

More details about the services are available in the App Service documentation. If you have a technical issue, please open a post on the developer forums through Stack Overflow or MSDN.

Products that we listen to in this space include: App Service, Web Apps, API Apps and Web App for Containers.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. App Service Environment - Issues with "VIP type" for Network

We can see that there are multiple bugs in App Service Environment - Issues with "VIP type" for Network:
    - When we select Internal; There is no validation of Domain Name
    - When we select External; it does not provide the IP Address range
    - Same issue is observed with new and existing Network

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  App Service Environment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. MIM Web Service Connector Enhancement - Add authentication pattern for OAuth/OpenID Connect

The Current Connector does not natively support adding OAuth as an authentication option which makes it quite cumbersome to connect to modern rest services, and as the connector also only supports "application/json" payloads, the WebserviceCall cannot be used to authenticate to Azure using OAuth as it requires "application/x-www-form-urlencoded"

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. [Swap] Web App - Display a warning message if TLS version is different

Hello,

Can you display a warning message if TLS version is different when swapping slots ?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Define X-Forwarded-Port

As Wep App for Container works with a front proxy and as the https traffic incoming on port 443 is redirect as http on port 80, the HTTP Header X-Forwarded-Port should be define as it is on AWS (https://docs.aws.amazon.com/elasticloadbalancing/latest/classic/x-forwarded-headers.html)

As of today, the header is missing and that breaks libs like phpCAS checking for this header through $_SERVER['HTTP_X_FORWARDED_PORT'] to get the current "external" url.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  App Service Environment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. new resource group created from newly created AppServicePlan it defaults to 'South Central US location

Input
    -create new AppServicePlan
    -not using existing RG but creating new ResourceGroup
    -Location ASEv2(West Europe)
    -PricingTier I1 isolated

Output
    -An AppServiceplan with Location West Europe -- Thats OK
    -An ResourceGroup with location South Central US -- NOT OK
    Expected the RG to get located in West Europe just as the created
    AppServicePlan

Our company policy does not allow to put resources in South Central US

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. wow, i wonder it deploying a vpn produce more difficult. That's right, most people are very familiar with"bash" commands. Change control?

wow, i wonder it deploying a vpn produce more difficult. That's right, most people are very familiar with"bash" commands. Change control anyone?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. How to run custom deployment steps when deploying to App Service for Linux

Well I hope this is the write place to post this question.
    I came from: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/app-service/containers/quickstart-nodejs

I am trying to deploy a nodejs app to azure which has custom build steps.

I would like the deployment to run:
    npm install
    npm build
    After it's deployed

It seems it only runs `npm install --production` and then tries to run the file listed in the `main` field of package.json. Although the source is in typescript so I would need to compile it first.

I saw here:
    https://github.com/projectkudu/kudu/wiki/Custom-Deployment-Script

That you can add a `.deployment` file to call `deploy.cmd` file which will execute commands.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Why Apache TomEE is not avialable under app-service-linux-intro

Currently only Tomcat 8.5, 9.0, Java SE, WildFly 14 (all running JRE 8), are available as linux supported runtimes:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/app-service/containers/app-service-linux-intro

Why Apache TomEE (TomEE plume 7.1.0) is note available since it's java 8 compatible?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. make applicateion gateways update and deploy quicker

applicateion gateways updates and deployments take forever! Please make them quicker.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. MIM Web Service Connector Enhancement - Enable form-urlencoded on WebServiceCall

Connector currently only supports "application/json" payloads, which means the WebserviceCall cannot be used to authenticate to Azure using OAuth as it requires "application/x-www-form-urlencoded"

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Twitter SignIn bug in api management

We have a trial version in azure , we create an api management service. Now in developer portal i want to add an external log-in , so i add a twitter log-in in security tab with consumer key and consumer secret . when i click in sign in with twitter link it generate a runtime error

Thanks

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. When we create case for scale out portal displays 4 profiles in Summary but i only have 2 profiles

When we create case for scale out portal displays 4 profiles in Summary but i only have 2 profiles also it does not display names of my profiles for auto scaling,it just says profile1 profile2..

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Need to find the size of each folder of web apps

We need some way included in web apps so that we can find the size of each folder in the web app. Currently we can get this information using powerShell script.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow cloning to exiting web app

I would like to have an option to clone my application to another existing web application directly without creating new application service.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow adding same custom domains using ARM Template

As described here it's now possible to add same custom domain on a WebApp using Azure Portal - link: https://feedback.azure.com/forums/169385-web-apps/suggestions/14128761-allow-adding-same-custom-domains-from-my-other-sub

I've seen few apps now that when load balanced, require load balancer hostname added under custom domain in WebApp to work properly.

Same should be possible via ARM. Currently when deploying WebApp resource there is a conflict if two resources share same domain:

2018-10-25T11:27:12.7007756Z ##[error]At least one resource deployment operation failed. Please list deployment operations for details. Please see https://aka.ms/arm-debug for usage details.
    2018-10-25T11:27:12.7025974Z ##[error]Details:
    2018-10-25T11:27:12.7026745Z ##[error]Conflict: {
    "Code": "Conflict",
    "Message": "The host name myhostname.domain.com is already assigned to another…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. upgrade app service plan

Hopefully no one posted idea about upgrade app service plan in the different RG yet.

In my scenario, I would like to upgrade my App Service Plan from S3 to P2V2 as from the price wise is almost the same but has extra 20 ACU.

However, to be able to do that I have to create a new RG and create a new App Service Plan (P2V2) which it woul be fine until I have to clone the app services and assign it to that new RG and new ASP.

It will be difficult for me if we have more…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Right now there is no way to upgrade to Pv2 in some older scale units. We do have work planned about retrofitting the older scale units to include Pv2 in those as well. We don’t have a timeline to share, but it is something we are looking to enable.

Thanks,
    Oded

17. MIM Web Service Connector Enhancement - As JSON.net library to the connector

To ease the serialization/deserialization of some datasets , please add the ability to leverage JSON.Net classes in the connector

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. SSL policy default configuration not available in configuration files.

When SSL policy is at default configuration then it has been observed that its details are not available in the configuration files from either Automation scripts or Azure resource explorer.
    Hence it is not possible currently to edit SSL policy using the configuration files or deploy new Application Gateways using these files if default SSL policy settings need to be modified before deployment as they are not available in the file.
    After a change in default SSL policy has been done either using the GUI or PS commands, the SSL policy details start to show up in the configuration files.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Log Tls version server side

We have a Wcf Serivce deployed in App Service and would like to know which clients are connecting to our service using Tls 1.0 and 1.1 so we can notify our customers to update their client software before we set the Minimum Tls version to 1.2. So, if we can see the actually used Tls version in the IIS logs, we can see which customers we have to notify.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Copy new app settings to all slots

When I create a new app setting in my production slot it is not copied over to my staging slot(s). This is problematic as when I then swap my staging slot with production I lose the setting. This is the case despite the fact that the setting is defined as NOT slot specific.

Upon creating a new setting it would great if there were an option to "Create in all slots"

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base