Web Apps

Web Apps in Azure App Service provides a scalable, reliable, and easy-to-use environment for hosting web applications. Select from a range of frameworks and templates to create a web site in seconds. Use any tool or OS to develop your site with .NET, PHP, Node.js, Python and more. Choose from a variety of source control options including TFS, GitHub, BitBucket and others to set up continuous integration and develop as a team.

More details about the services are available in the App Service documentation. If you have a technical issue, please open a post on the developer forums through Stack Overflow or MSDN.

Products that we listen to in this space include: App Service, Web Apps, API Apps and Web App for Containers.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. [Diagnose and Solve ] Allow users to email the full report generated in the App Service Diagnostics

Today we can copy reports when we investigate or troubleshoot an issue using App Service Diagnostics via Diagnose and solve . I would like to email that report to another person to explain business impact or provide notes on how to mitigate

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Diagnostics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Offer higher memory / RAM app service plans

I can see this has been raised before but we would really like to see plan options with higher memory. We could host about twice as many applications on the same plan if memory was increased to something like 32gb. Our apps aren't CPU intensive but need more memory, nor any more up.

Thanks!

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  App Service Environment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow for easier IP-restriction management on Azure WebApps (Advanced edit)

Please make it so that we have a more convenient way to manage IP-restrictions on Azure WebApps. At the moment of writing IP's can only be added 1 by 1 manually or via an Azure PowerShell script.

It would be a great change if you could make it like the Advanced Edit option that's available for Application Settings.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Make App Settings KeyVault Reference default to latest Secret Version

KeyVault references in App Settings is a welcome improvement in KeyVault integration.
    One lingering aspect to improve, I think, is to allow us to expect the latest secret version - such that we can specify the secret name and can forget about versioning if we wish. Clearly versioning also supports a stricter process.

70 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  App Service Environment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Enable users to isolate an App Service Plan instance in order to perform offline debug

It’s difficult to balance root causing live fails with keeping a production application running. This feature request attempts to address this by asking for a way to isolate an ASP instance in a running application.

By isolating a misbehaving instance you can prevent it from affecting the behavior of the application overall. It can be studied for root cause without app devs or support being pressured to do this live on a production app. When debug is complete it could be terminated.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add wildcard pattern support for Azure Webapp _backup.filter file

Right now _backup.filter does not support wildcards. Therefore, if logs are being produced say with a date or time timestamp, they can not be filtered unless they are moved to a seperate folder, which is then filtered. This is not viable in all cases.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  API Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Provide the IP restriction log

The customer want to know the IPs which listed in the IP restriction(deny) try to access the app.
    Is there any possible to provide this feature ?
    thanks

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  App Gallery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow adding same custom domains using ARM Template

As described here it's now possible to add same custom domain on a WebApp using Azure Portal - link: https://feedback.azure.com/forums/169385-web-apps/suggestions/14128761-allow-adding-same-custom-domains-from-my-other-sub

I've seen few apps now that when load balanced, require load balancer hostname added under custom domain in WebApp to work properly.

Same should be possible via ARM. Currently when deploying WebApp resource there is a conflict if two resources share same domain:

2018-10-25T11:27:12.7007756Z ##[error]At least one resource deployment operation failed. Please list deployment operations for details. Please see https://aka.ms/arm-debug for usage details.
    2018-10-25T11:27:12.7025974Z ##[error]Details:
    2018-10-25T11:27:12.7026745Z ##[error]Conflict: {
    "Code": "Conflict",
    "Message": "The host name myhostname.domain.com is already assigned to another…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. php/laravel, Django and NodeJS Deployment

I would like to see support for PHP/Laravel, DJango and seamless and possible just like i can do in heroku cli or how we do in asp.net core. It will be great if I don't need to worry about composer or pip or virtual environment. I push my app using git or from my repository, Azure App Service should auto detect my language and all the packages and install them on the fly, including root directories and environment variables. Also, web.config should be scrapped out entirely or auto-configured. {Heroku detects my php / Laravel and do all the configurations for…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Have you tried looking into App Service hosted on Linux:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/app-service/containers/app-service-linux-intro

While the deployment won’t pull all your dependencies, you can still used a blessed image for your stack and even containerize your solution and host them on Linux.

One more item to look at is the new CLI “up” command we have for creating apps. You can check the quick session we had at Microsoft Ignite about this feature:
    https://myignite.techcommunity.microsoft.com/sessions/66652

We’ll leave this under review to see if there are any improvements to our deployment that will happen as part of Linux hosting.

Thanks,
    Oded

10. Better inform users of when their App Service Certificates are about to expire or have not auto renewed (7 days?)

This week another of our customer's sites went down due to an Azure App Service certificate expiring without us being notified of its pending expiry - we mark all App Service Certificates to Auto Renew and some of them do infact renew and rebind without our intervention, others certificates have got stuck on the domain validation phase (which we validated 1st time we bought the certificate ofcourse) and the latest certificate is now expired and the Manual Renew button is disabled as it seems to think its outside the 60 day renewal window.

A simple email to us (we receive…

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. PowerShell and CLI support for the management of App Service Environments

Azure PowerShell and Azure CLI commands to support the management of an App Service Environments (at least v2). Hopefully this could include the ability to get management IP information, do scaling, and if it is an ILB ASE update the ILB Certificate.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  App Service Environment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Auto-scale up and down not just out, for web apps

Hi

Can you expand the auto-scaling feature to include up and down scaling as well as in / out?

so for example, scale the web app up a tier in peak and down a tier i off hours. Or something to that effect.

Thanks

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Limit number of accepted client certificates when doing mutual TLS

I want to be able to control the trusted issuers list sent to the web browser so that list of allowed certificates can be filtered in the browser. This was possible in IIS and with Azure Cloud Service I believe but how can we do it in a Azure web app?

What I basically want to do is set the content of the certificate_authorities field in CertificateRequest sent by the server to the browser in the TLS handshake as stated in RFC5246.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Support Azure AD V2.0 Authentication for Function Apps

I have a client application that would like to access a secured function app. The client application is getting a JWT bearer token from the Azure AD 2.0 endpoint.

In the authentication section of the App Service there is no way to add applications registered with the AD v2.0 endpoint.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Enable Docker Content Trust on Linux ASE

Now that Notary/Content Trust in available in ACR, it would be useful if it could also be enabled in the ASE so it could only pull signed images.

I can't see a way to currently do this - is it possible?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  App Service Environment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add meaningful name for Principals in different slots

I have enabled MSI for web apps in different deployment slots. When trying to add a Principal under
    Home > Key vaults > XYZ - Access policies > Add access policy > Principal, it currently lists all principals that matches the search string with same name even if they belong to different deployment slots.

For example, if I have enabled MSI in web app XYZ and its Staging deployment slot, it should show as:
    XYZ
    XYZ/slots/Staging.
    Instead this is currently appearing as:
    XYZ
    XYZ

So it is difficult for the users to select the right one they need and it…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Scale Out wait for WarmUp complete before being added to LoadBalancer

When adding new instances to the LoadBalancer, scale out mechanism doesn't wait for those application instances to fully warm up.

Availability checker, via AppInsights, logs these responses, with the header:
    'X-AppInit-WarmingUp: 1'

Which means that IIS knows that the application is in it's WarmUp cycle, but the LoadBalancer is already trying to serve requests.

N.B. we _can_ add a rewrite rule to redirect the user to the original request, and hope that the LoadBalancer sends the user to a ready instance - but this feels like a hack.

278 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    15 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Make certificate deployment idempotent

When including a Microsoft.Web/certificates resource in an ARM template, the deployment will fail with "Another certificate exists with same thumbprint XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX at location xxxx in the Resource Group xxxxxx." if the certificate already exists.

The deployment should be idempotent like all of the other resource types and not fail if the resource already exists.

Otherwise, the certificate has to be deployed manually and cannot be included in an ARM template used for CI/CD deployments (ie: from VSTS)

172 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Metrics for Linux Docker Containers - Function APPS

We are currently running several Linux Docker Containers in a function app and are surprised that most metrics are not available.

The system reports on data in/out and http 5xx errors but that is all that it there. Information such as processed HTTP requests, response time, logs streams, processes and container load (cpu/memory/io is only available for the whole app service and not for the container).

Docker function apps are heavy priced already and it doesn't help that most functionality in the portal is not available in this use case.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. TLS 1.3 is now approved, this should be implemented with Web Apps

TLS 1.3 is now no longer a draft, when will Azure introduce the option to enable it?

https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc8446

150 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base