Web Apps

Web Apps in Azure App Service provides a scalable, reliable, and easy-to-use environment for hosting web applications. Select from a range of frameworks and templates to create a web site in seconds. Use any tool or OS to develop your site with .NET, PHP, Node.js, Python and more. Choose from a variety of source control options including TFS, GitHub, BitBucket and others to set up continuous integration and develop as a team.

More details about the services are available in the App Service documentation. If you have a technical issue, please open a post on the developer forums through Stack Overflow or MSDN.

Products that we listen to in this space include: App Service, Web Apps, API Apps and Web App for Containers.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Metric and alert for Web App file system used quota

We would like to setup an automatic alert that fires when the file storage of an app plan is reaching its limits.

Ideally it will be great to have a metric that tells the % of storage (quota) consumed so we can set an alert on top of that metric.

180 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    9 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Accessing APIs of Azure App service with SSL in MobileServiceClient(Xamarin mobile app).

Provide some option in MobileServiceClient (Xamarin mobile app, Android and iOS) to access APIs of Azure App service with SSL.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  API Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. A method to allow folks to access the FTP transfer logs when ftp is used to deploy code changes to their azure web apps.

Allow site admins to access the ftp transfer logs when ftp is the selected method used to make web site deployment updates. We use ftp to allow site updates, and we've had an incident where having access to those logs would be very helpful.

35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. The overwritten data in Connection stringsis not reflected in Backup Configuration.

When we choose the Backup Database from Backup configure after The connection strings is overwritten.There is a bug.That doesn't seen to have problem.
    Using the DevTools(F12),make sure sending datas. The overwritten data in Connection strings of Application setting is not reflected .
    we have to delete the data once and add new data to avoid this bug and update new data in application setting.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. [Azure web app LINUX] VSTS deploy to slot

Currently I am using VSTS for my CI/CD to azure web app linux
    However, unfortunately, there's still a pretty significant downtime for every deployment.

I tried to create a staging slot to minimize the downtime, and swap to production. however, VSTS doesn't allow me to deploy to my staging slot.

I created a github issues too here https://github.com/Microsoft/vsts-tasks/issues/4460

If I can't deploy to my slot, what's the point of having slot in the first place? Please prioritize this as I think this is a pretty important feature

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Linux  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Way to monitor Web App connections regardless of state

I had an issue where my web app was unable to open new connections because too many were open. The metrics-per-instance reports for monitoring connections only show open and close-wait state connections. For whatever reason the connections impacting my app were in another state and hence were not shown.

I believe I have resolved my issue, but I cannot check on the health of the app without asking an Azure support technician to assist.

It can also be misleading when troubleshooting to see 80 connections in the report, when there are actually 3500 in use.

Thanks!

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Announce user-owned IP blocks

I believe if an organization or company owns existing IP assets such as an IPv4 /24 from a RIR such as ARIN or the APNIC, they should be able to provide Microsoft with a LOA (Letter of Authorization) and other additional information and be able to use their own IPs on MS Azure.

Other cloud services are already offering this, and I see no reason why MS can't do it as well.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Associating Hybrid Connections to Azure App Services cannot be automated

There is no way to associate a Hybrid Connection to an Azure App Service via ARM Template or PowerShell.

This is a significant gap since we cannot automate this at all when that is the driving factor for DevOps and PaaS services.

143 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    18 comments  ·  Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add support for dynamic dns

Add support for using dyndns updates from dyndns.org

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow App Service Environments to be added to existing Subnet

App Service Environments should be able to be added to existing VNET Subnets. Having to rework subnets in VNET is kind of a pain to add a new one or delete and re-add a subnet to accommodate the ASE.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  App Service Environment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are going to add this back into the portal. You can do this now using templates but that isn’t as easy as just using the portal if you are making changes. There were a few issues that forced us to remove that capability from the portal but the issues are circumvented now.

Christina

11. Provide more secure TLS ciphers

Currently Chrome flags the CBC ciphers as obsolete. CBC ciphers are at the top of the cipher preference list of Azure Web Apps as you can see there: https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/analyze.html?d=test.azurewebsites.net
    More info: https://www.chromium.org/Home/chromium-security/education/tls#TOC-Cipher-Suites

So please provide some more secure ciphers from the ECDHE cipher suite like TLSECDHERSAWITHAES256GCMSHA384, TLSECDHERSAWITHAES128GCMSHA256, TLSECDHERSAWITHCHACHA20POLY1305SHA256.

73 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Copy the application log settings when cloning deployment slots

It would be better if the log settings are copied into a newly created slot, when we clone a slot, just like the app settings does.
    For example, currently when we turn the blob logging enabled and then clone the slot, the logging get disabled in a new slot.
    On the contrary, the blob container settings remains.

This is because the blob container setting is saved as an environment variable in app settings.
    Here is the result in ResourceExplorer, when I cloned a slot.

"applicationLogs": {

"fileSystem": {
    "level": "Off"
    },
    "azureTableStorage": {
    "level": "Off",
    &quot;sasUrl&quot;: &quot;<a rel="nofollow noreferrer" href="https://strageaccountsample.table.core.windows.net/xxxxxxx&quot">https://strageaccountsample.table.core.windows.net/xxxxxxx&quot</a>;
    6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. FTP accounts tied to subscription, not user. Not enough auditing

In the current model, FTP credentials are tied to a user's azure login. Thus, we have no visibility into credentials that are set, as we cannot see other people's FTP credentials they've set. Furthermore, when an FTP account is created or deleted, nothing is logged. This makes it difficult to audit who has access. With the logins being tied to the user, when the user leaves, there is no way for us to reclaim that username unless they delete their ftp credentials first. This doesn't always work, as a user may depart abruptly or not on good terms. Although the…

50 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Hybrid Connection Manager Support for Linux

We are an ISV leveraging Azure PaaS to provide an iPaaS service to customers. We have a requirement to connect to on premise servers to access line-of-business apps. Currently, we leverage Azure’s Hybrid Connection Manager --- but are limited to Windows servers only. Our customers have both Windows, Linux and mixed environments. This considerably limits our market.

Can we expect Linux support? If so, when? Any suggested work arounds?

Thank you for your consideration.

223 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Linux  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. [Linux] Allow remote debugging of .NET core apps hosted by linux app services

It is currently not possible to remote debug .NET core applications running on Azure Linux App Services. Please consider to add remote debugging to the feature list of Linux App Services.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Linux  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. [Linux] Allow to access certicate store within linux app services

It is currently not possible to use certificates in Linux App Services as described in this blog post:

https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/using-certificates-in-azure-websites-applications/

Please add access to the azure certificate store within a linux container.

42 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Linux  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow Custom URL Rewrite Handler for Database

Allow installation of a GAC custom rewrite handler for doing URL rewrites on Web Apps using a database backend.

87 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Support OWIN Self-Hosting In Azure Websites - Repost since it was declined a year ago.

Support OWIN Self-Hosting In Azure Websites - Repost since it was declined a year ago.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Let Web Apps to be PCI compliance

Despite that PCI compliance is promoted at Azure, a Web App created at Azure is non compliant by default, and cannot be set-up appropriately.

I understand that a Web App is not as isolated as an ASE (that still is not compliance by default, needs advanced set-up), with instances sharing system level settings with other clients (so cannot be changed independently), and I understand some set-up changes that apply to all clients, even ones that do not require PCI, can lead to problems to some of them.

I propose an option to opt-in to PCI compliance at Web App level;…

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Enable 'Connect', 'Log Stream', 'Console' etc for App Service Environment

When you deploy an App Service into an App Service Environment behind an ILB, much of the UI is greyed out. Examples of this is the 'Connect' button, 'Log Stream', 'Console' etc.

I have to manually construct a URL to get to the kudu endpoint right now in order to use the console.

160 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base