Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more here.

Web Apps

Web Apps in Azure App Service provides a scalable, reliable, and easy-to-use environment for hosting web applications. Select from a range of frameworks and templates to create a web site in seconds. Use any tool or OS to develop your site with .NET, PHP, Node.js, Python and more. Choose from a variety of source control options including TFS, GitHub, BitBucket and others to set up continuous integration and develop as a team.

More details about the services are available in the App Service documentation. If you have a technical issue, please open a post on the developer forums through Stack Overflow or MSDN.

Products that we listen to in this space include: App Service, Web Apps, API Apps and Web App for Containers.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. support arm template and ev2 deployment for azure web job

Hi, is it supported to deploy an azure web job via arm template and ev2 ?
    I don't know if below post has enough authority, or there's any update since last year. Looks like there’s no such option?
    https://stackoverflow.com/questions/62633653/how-to-create-azure-webjob-using-azure-arm-template

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I need to hunt down and recover please give sercrity data copy send toNSA from Karl Lyle Helm a network

I have located a cyber attack which uses Bluetooth hopping as will as network snooping around the house and around the world. They stalk you it is similar to the Cyber stalking that is going on. The difference is that the devices go into the ear channel. Using elertomagnic rasoince they use low energy sound waves to speak to the victim. Trying to drive them insane. I have been looking for a team to help me build the defensive counter measures. I have the devices in my ears now. They came from Brown's Medical Research academy. My father got them…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Restrict FTP Access

Add FTP services to Access Restrictions so we can restrict what IPs have access to the FTP service. It looks like this has been requested a few times and declined. Please reconsider, this should be a basic security feature.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Support 'Deployment Slots' for 'Azure Storage' for 'Web App for Containers'

Azure App Service supports running containers. Settings->Configuration allows the definition of Application settings, General settings and Path mapping. Application settings can be defined as a 'Deployment slot setting' so they stick to the deployment slot and don't get swapped. The path mappings on the other side don't support to be deployment slot specific. So, currently without this option, if you have a Azure file share configured, after swapping, the staging slot will access the file share for production and the production slot will access the file share for staging.
    IMO, it should be possible to configure a path mapping to…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Using both managed identity and azure active directory authentication results in duplicate service principals with the same display name

When each of these technologies is enabled, azure creates two service principals in azure AD with the same display name. This causes issues with assigning access to app service managed identity throughout azure as other services (such as SQL Server) will fail to assign access due to the duplicate service principal display name.

In the portal, you can select a custom service principal name to be created for azure active directory authentication to work around this issue, but this is not part of the azure resource manager template schema. In ARM, we can only assign an existing or create one…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow Private Endpoint support for WebApp in Azure Government Cloud

Allow Private Endpoint support for WebApp in Azure Government Cloud. At the moment Azure Government Cloud does not seem to have this feature enabled.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow more than one App to be assigned the same Custom Domain

When assigning a custom domain or wildcard custom domain to a second web app in the same resource group the system blocks the use of a domain (or wildcard domain) that is already being used by an app in the same resource group.

In a multi-tenant environment, where our customers define custom domains, we manage redirects to particular environments (preview vs primary for example) with DNS.

We can't do this if we can't assign the same wildcard domains to more than one web application.

We are forced to deploy these to separate resource groups

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Include Azure Pipelines as a Build Provider in future versions of Deployment Center

When configuring Azure Repos as the source in the GA version of the Deployment Center, we prompt to select either 'Kudu' or 'Azure Pipelines (Preview)' as the build provider.

The latter option automatically generates Pipelines in Azure DevOps, and can be seen as nice convenience feature.

Deployment Center (Preview) does not allow this option; it currently only offers 'Kudu' as the build provider, when used with Azure Repos.

We are aware that it is an option to create pipelines manually from Azure DevOps, but this feature streamlines the experience. It is particularly useful for quick proof-of-concepts.

We'd like to request…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Enable container app services to use managed identity to pull image from acr

Please enable container app services (and container function apps) to use managed identity (system and user) to pull images from azure container registry.

This is not currently supported, ref the note on the bottom of this doc page https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/container-registry/container-registry-authentication-managed-identity

This would improve the deployment process for app services and also the security for acr since we then can disable the acr admin account.

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Hook me up

I need love and ladys. Let's party work and play. Grrr

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Ensure Autoscale allows for new instances to get in rotation only if an App is ready

Currently autoscale puts instances into rotation without checking if the actual application is warmed up. Please add a feature to autoscale that checks if an application is warmed up before its put into rotation. Noting that the new Health Check feature has capabilities to detect bad instances based on URL (this is different than adding new instances with autoscale) this may be start as you could queue off the URL to hit in the app to know if an instance is ready to be in rotation.

44 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow mounting Azure Storage Account in Web Apps for Containers through ARM

The ARM template for an Azure Web App for Containers with a AzureFiles mount shows an azureStorageAccounts object in the siteConfig. However, attempting to deploy this fails with a Bad Request. Please enable support for mounting file shares through ARM to avoid requiring separate deployment and file share mounting steps.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. norton.com/setup

Norton AntiVirus is an anti-virus or anti-malware software product, developed and distributed by Symantec Corporation since 1991 as part of its Norton family of computer security products. It uses signatures and heuristics to identify viruses.

https://nortnsetup.sitey.me/

https://nortonofficial.sitey.me/

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. webroot.com/secure

Webroot antivirus software is good and did well in our ratings. It offers basic protection at a low price, which is great for some users. ... If you're looking to save money on antivirus software and need standard features like cloud storage and a password manager, Webroot should be on your short list.
    https://uswebroot.sitey.me/

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Auto-Scaling Up on Deployment

When deploying our app service, we need to build some javascript and CSS bundles. Building these bundles is a CPU-intensive process and it would be great to be able to auto-scale up our App Service Plan or have the bundles built on a specialized machine that was pay per minute.

Our current App Service Plan is oversized for running our application, but we have it sized up just to handle the build process (which still takes ~20 mins). We would like to use an even more powerful machine to build the bundles and then switch to a weaker machine to…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Updating image and tag in Web App for Containers from ACR Webhook

From ACR Webhook it is possible to specify the scope of this Webhook in order to send the notification to the Web App, and I thought with this the Web App image and tag were going to be updated according to the image push that triggered the Webhook. I would like this behavior in App Service, updating the image and the tag inside the Web App depending on the image pushed to ACR

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. conflict error

When deploying an ARM template the error:

[{'code':'Conflict','message':'{\r\n \'status\': \'Failed\',\r\n \'error\': {\r\n \'code\': \'ResourceDeploymentFailure\',\r\n \'message\': \'The resource operation completed with terminal provisioning state 'Failed'.

It would be great if the conflicting resource could be identified from the error message.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. CI/CD to a function through an azure container registry is broken.

I have an azure function that lives in a docker container. I have configured a github action to push the container to an Azure container registry, and then I have enabled my azure function to automatically pull the latest image in the registry, using the CI/CD settings. When I do this, I select my azure container registry from the pulldown menu, but then the function app truncates the azurecr.io from the name of the container registry and tries to pull a non-existent image from docker.io instead, with the name of my azure container registry. This is clearly a bug, please…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Static Web Apps support for generic SCM and CI/CD

Static Web Apps, still in public preview as I'm writing this, only seems to integrate with Github and Github Actions.
    Even if we love Github, it would make sense to allow:

1. Other Git repo such as Azure Repo, Gitlab, Bitbucket, ...

2. Other CI/CD tools such as Azure Pipelines, Bitbucket Pipelines, Jenkins, ...

In other words, exactly like normal Web Apps today.

232 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. XGBoost Error in Azure App Service : ['libgomp.so.1: cannot open shared object file]

Hi Team

I am not able to run Flask application with XGBoost in Azure App Service.

Can you please fix this on urgent basis.

Below is the error msg-

020-04-25T20:19:14.102061100Z from xgboost import XGBRegressor
    2020-04-25T20:19:14.102065200Z File "/antenv/lib/python3.7/site-packages/xgboost/init.py", line 11, in
    2020-04-25T20:19:14.102069600Z from .core import DMatrix, Booster
    2020-04-25T20:19:14.102075300Z File "/antenv/lib/python3.7/site-packages/xgboost/core.py", line 161, in
    2020-04-25T20:19:14.102079700Z LIB = loadlib()
    2020-04-25T20:19:14.102083900Z File "/antenv/lib/python3.7/site-packages/xgboost/core.py", line 152, in
    loadlib
    2020-04-25T20:19:14.102093400Z 'Error message(s): {}\n'.format(os
    errorlist))
    2020-04-25T20:19:14.102097700Z xgboost.core.XGBoostError: XGBoost Library (libxgboost.so) could not be loaded.
    2020-04-25T20:19:14.102102000Z Likely causes:
    2020-04-25T20:19:14.102106100Z * OpenMP runtime is not installed (vcomp140.dll or libgomp-1.dll for Windows, libgomp.so for UNIX-like OSes)
    2020-04-25T20:19:14.102110400Z

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base