Web Apps

Web Apps in Azure App Service provides a scalable, reliable, and easy-to-use environment for hosting web applications. Select from a range of frameworks and templates to create a web site in seconds. Use any tool or OS to develop your site with .NET, PHP, Node.js, Python and more. Choose from a variety of source control options including TFS, GitHub, BitBucket and others to set up continuous integration and develop as a team.

More details about the services are available in the App Service documentation. If you have a technical issue, please open a post on the developer forums through Stack Overflow or MSDN.

Products that we listen to in this space include: App Service, Web Apps, API Apps and Web App for Containers.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Include Azure Pipelines as a Build Provider in future versions of Deployment Center

When configuring Azure Repos as the source in the GA version of the Deployment Center, we prompt to select either 'Kudu' or 'Azure Pipelines (Preview)' as the build provider.

The latter option automatically generates Pipelines in Azure DevOps, and can be seen as nice convenience feature.

Deployment Center (Preview) does not allow this option; it currently only offers 'Kudu' as the build provider, when used with Azure Repos.

We are aware that it is an option to create pipelines manually from Azure DevOps, but this feature streamlines the experience. It is particularly useful for quick proof-of-concepts.

We'd like to request…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Enable container app services to use managed identity to pull image from acr

Please enable container app services (and container function apps) to use managed identity (system and user) to pull images from azure container registry.

This is not currently supported, ref the note on the bottom of this doc page https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/container-registry/container-registry-authentication-managed-identity

This would improve the deployment process for app services and also the security for acr since we then can disable the acr admin account.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Error when changing App Service Plans

When changing App Service Plan P3 to S3 even after disabling not supported diagnostic features as:

AppServiceAntivirusScanAuditLogs
    AppServiceFileAuditLogs

1 slot still reported "AppServiceFileAuditLogs" as enabled, in portal no diagnostic settings was or has been enabled for that slot, the 3 apps and 2 other slots changed without issues.

Looking in "Azure Resource Explorer" it was:

"fileChangeAuditEnabled": true,

In Azure Resource Explorer we could edit to false but it would revert to true.

Mss A. S from from MS support has raised and internal "bug report" and ask me kindly to report here too, original support ticket 121012025000410

Solution was to…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Environment variables have different behaviour between linux webapp and webapp for container

Saving the following app setting to linux webapp and webapp for container will get different result:

App Setting from portal:
    {
    "name": "testequal",
    "value": "Server=hello",
    "slotSetting": false
    },

or from cli:
    az webapp config appsettings set -g myrgp -n myapp --settings testequal="Server=hello"

Result in linux webapp (/etc/profile):
    export testequal="Server=test"

Result in linux webapp for container (/etc/profile):
    export "testequal"="Server"

It's getting more odd when adding a double quote (linux webapp for container)

az webapp config appsettings set -g myrgp -n myapp --settings testequal="\"Server=hello\""

the result (/etc/profile):
    export "testequal"=""Server"

This cause the container load the env variables improperly.

Please help to fix…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add App Service Managed Certificates on domains with 'asuid' TXT records

I would like to add App Service Managed Certificates to custom domains added to the app service that only has the 'asuid' TXT record registered.

For domains that are in use (and hosted elsewhere) I can prepare the environment in the App Service using a TXT record for 'asuid.www.mydomain.com' to prepare the App Service. But to add the SSL binding I would either have to get a SSL certificate elsewhere or wait until I also change the CNAME / A record for 'www.mydomain.com'.

This results in downtime for the endusers in the period when I wait…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Detected an unrecognized SKU

When I check the Best Practices fr Optimization on my web app I have this error : Unrecognized SKU detected

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Access restrictions not work

I create both deny specific ip and allow all to access my URL but it's not work and I can connect to URL by using my pc which config before, nothing happen, I also do the same for allow specific ip and deny all.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Improve storage performance for Web App for Containers

When using App Service storage(WEBSITESENABLEAPPSERVICESTORAGE=TRUE) for any container based site, the IOPS is terrible. It causes a OoB WordPress site to take 1 ~ 10 seconds to load each page.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Linux  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Enable network connectivity to globally peered Vnets on ASE ILB

Currently network connectivity to internal load balanced ASE cannot be achieved from a vnet thats not in the same region as the ASE. According to MS support team this can only be done using Site-to-Site VPN gateway deployment. This should be something basic and available for the PaaS offering.

So I had to connect a VM from a vnet that is in west europe to the ILB IP of ASE in north europe. Since vnet peerings is global, current restriction is that this is blocked. This apparently can be solved by having a standard load balancer according to this document …

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  App Service Environment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Keyvault proxy for dev environment

To install a service which mimics azure keyvault connection on a local development environment

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. منصة شليله

(متجر التطبيقات منصة شليله)
    2021/01/07

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  App Service Environment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow Windows Containers to run using gMSA accounts

We wanted to lift and shift a legacy Web App into Azure. An app service based web app fitted the bill perfectly, except no static storage is available.
    Given that
    • Normal Azure Web Apps do not have access to static storage, only container web apps do.
    • Container apps cannot natively use Windows Authentication since they are not domain joined machines.
    • Windows Containers can be run using a gMSA account to allow NTLM to work on a normal host.
    • Per Azure support, gMSA in App Services is not supported

This means that there is currently no way…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Supportability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. secure folder

Persists contact customer service

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Support global peering link traversal when using regional vnet integration

Today if you integrate your Azure App Service Web App with a VNET using regional integration the traffic is not able to then traverse onwards to other VNETs over a global peering link. The only way around this is to use the deprecated gateway required integration approach.

In our scenario we deploy our app to 2 regions for resiliency. We also deploy our database (Azure SQL DB) to the 2 regions using a failover group for replication and failover automation. We would like to ensure the SQL connections between the Web App and the Database traverse our software defined VNET…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Unrecognised TLD .im

Azure Certificate and Domain checks does not recognise .im (Isle of Man) as a Top Level Domain.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. App Service Managed Certificate issuing hangs

When an app certificate is defined somewhere else, new trials to issue a new app service managed certificate do not warn you, but keep you waiting and waiting for hours without succeeding or failing

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Documentation of the opinionated deployment of Python Web Apps

Unfortunately, the Web App deployment for Python code is very opinionated. As a user I would like to just deploy my app and It Just Works™. How about a full fledged example Flask deployment with libraries that are not so easy to deploy (e.g. numpy, cryptography or Pillow - they often only work when there is a wheel available)? With every change of the Python version there is a huge chance of mismatch between the build agent environment and the actual Web App. It would be really nice if there is a thorough documentation of how to prepare the azure-pipelines.yml…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Documentation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. App service backup to firewall enabled storage account works, but the recovery from the same fails

Due to security reasons, we need to restrict the storage account to specific networks. As we have an internal network for ASE, we are able to successfully allow the ASE in the storage account 'seected networks', thus the backup run perfect. But the challenge is using the same backup for recovery in ASE, it fails. If it can take backup, ideally it should allow to recover also in ASE hosted apps. one of the major reasons to use ASE is the security, I wish this should support the storage with firewall enabled as well for recovery at least when it…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Hook me up

I need love and ladys. Let's party work and play. Grrr

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Support Application Insights JavaScript SDK 2+

The Application Insights JavaScript SDK 1.x has been deprecated and v2 has been out for over a year and a half. The v2+ SDK should be supported as standard by the Application Insight blade of App Service (and APPINSIGHTSJAVASCRIPTENABLED configuration setting).

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 30 31
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base