Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more here.

Web Apps

Web Apps in Azure App Service provides a scalable, reliable, and easy-to-use environment for hosting web applications. Select from a range of frameworks and templates to create a web site in seconds. Use any tool or OS to develop your site with .NET, PHP, Node.js, Python and more. Choose from a variety of source control options including TFS, GitHub, BitBucket and others to set up continuous integration and develop as a team.

More details about the services are available in the App Service documentation. If you have a technical issue, please open a post on the developer forums through Stack Overflow or MSDN.

Products that we listen to in this space include: App Service, Web Apps, API Apps and Web App for Containers.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Version data for deployed slot

I'm using ARM template to deploy a new slot to an existing webapp, the problem is that there is no way of seeing or passing the version of the build that the slot has.

It would be really useful to have a "Version" -field in the portal where I can pass the version data of the build so that you could easily see which slot has which build version.

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Getting deployment id from continuous deployments

Using Kudu we can find out environment variables etc, but unfortunately little information about the deployment information from a "Continuous deployment".
    I see the source, i.e. "GitHub", but it would be good to grab some more information, such as deployment id (e.g. d8950da).

Room for improvements for something I've missed?

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you Johan for pointing this out. As a temporary workaround, the Deployment Details blade in the Azure Portal shows entries such as the following: “Preparing deployment for commit id … .” We will look into options for surfacing the deployment ID.

Daria, Azure App Service

3. Add feedback on the Portal on Automatic Swaps

When we configure a staging slot with Continuous Deployment and Auto-Swap we need some sort of visual feedback to know when the swap was done. Right now what we see is that the Active Deployment of the staging slot changes to the previous deploy checkpoint and that's how we know it swapped.
    It would be great if on the production slot we could get at least some sort of message saying the current Active Deployment that was swapped or at least some sort of visual aid.

26 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Enable access to server config (e.g., mimeType) via Website portal

Need to be able to provide mimeType spec for extensions not supported by IIS out of the box, notably .svg for non-asp.net websites (e.g., HTML5). Right now, the website returns a 404 error for any svg image requested by the site, and the online solutions are all about web.config which doesn't affect non-asp.net sites as far as I know (and breaks the HTML5 site anyway). My example - polymer.azurewebsites.net

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Accessing APIs of Azure App service with SSL in MobileServiceClient(Xamarin mobile app).

Provide some option in MobileServiceClient (Xamarin mobile app, Android and iOS) to access APIs of Azure App service with SSL.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  API Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Support Weibo for authentication

Weibo is the 'twitter' of China, which is of course a large market. It would be great if Weibo was plugged into the existing Mobile Services Authentication service.

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 3 5 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base