Web Apps

Web Apps in Azure App Service provides a scalable, reliable, and easy-to-use environment for hosting web applications. Select from a range of frameworks and templates to create a web site in seconds. Use any tool or OS to develop your site with .NET, PHP, Node.js, Python and more. Choose from a variety of source control options including TFS, GitHub, BitBucket and others to set up continuous integration and develop as a team.

More details about the services are available in the App Service documentation. If you have a technical issue, please open a post on the developer forums through Stack Overflow or MSDN.

Products that we listen to in this space include: App Service, Web Apps, API Apps and Web App for Containers.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Improve garbage collection in Hybrid Connection Manager with Proxy

We found that when we configure a Hybrid Connection Manager with a Proxy server, it will cause memory leak.
    The memory usage of HCM would be very high after running for a week.
    Hope you guys can improve its garbage collection performance.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add service health notifications for planned maintenance on App Services

Currently, no notification for planned maintenance are sent for App Services when service health alerts are activated. Such notifications would be helpful to prepare for potential outages if the platform maintenance impacts availability or performance of the service.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Support VS 2019 redist on Azure Web App

vcruntime140_1.dll is part of the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2019 which is not available on the worker instances now.
    Hope that we can add them to the worker instances.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. How do I shut down this old website

I need to shut old website down

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Netcore 3.0 Linux webapp auto heal does not exist

Netcore 3.0 deployed on a linux webapp does not have the ability to turn on autoheal as it has not been yet implemented.

Windows netcore 3.0 however does have auto heal.

Is this currently being worked on and if so what is the ETA?

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Linux  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Enhancement/Bug: Whitespace entered in ip whitelisting input resultes in failure with no feedback

If you cut and paste an address and it has whitespace, we should ignore it or put a better error up. You cannot tell from the UI that the issue is leading whitespace in the IP

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. MySQL in-app

The links to the blog for this feature are either redirected to the general blog landing page, no longer exists or just not with step by step approach.

Users also need to know that the "Manage" button would take them to the phpMyadmin page.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Documentation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. App Service Domains - Add more domains like .no

Customers want everything in one place, one bill.

It would be awesome if all common domains could be managed in Azure instead of keep using traditional registrars.

For this to be a option for our customer base, we need .no domains too.

I can't find any roadmap for this, and GoDaddy supports .no domains, so... I created a UserVoice.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Azure App Service Monitoring by SMS

Hello team,

Aim: Send a SMS when my app service (i.e. web app) is down.
    However my country code is missing in 'Action Type' for sending SMS in Azure Monitor.

Can the needful be done to add country code +230 (Mauritius)?

Thanks.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  App Service Environment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Snapshot in an ASE should display a more detailed error

When trying to restore from snapshot, or clone, an app in an ASE, the error message is very unclear, for example:

>C:\Resources\directory\c26930a7e22e4342bdeb9036ea633198.MultiRole.BackupRestore\98b51e84-7c48-402d-8c63-95f796fde96c\package\fs: The user name or password is incorrect.

It would be great if we provided a more thorough explanation of why this failed.

Perhaps greying-out the snapshot button in the portal would be appropriate as well?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  App Service Environment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. auto-scale out when RG is locked

App service plan auto-scale out and scale down doesnt work if the RG that app service plan is in has a lock set.
    We have set a policy to have RG lock to avoid accidental deletion or any other things at RG level, but now for app service plan auto-scale out to work, we are unable to set RG level lock

Is there way for App service plan auto-scale out feature to work ignoring the RG level lock

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow setup of app-service SSL cert before go-live

As it stands, it is impossible to set up the SSL cert for a custom domain before the site is live. We are looking to move an existing site to Azure. We need the HTTPS URL to work the moment it goes live; however, we are halted in setting it up by this message:

Create App Service Managed Certificates (Preview)
    Hostname not eligible for App Service Managed Certificates creation. Ensure that your domain www.our-website.com has an active CNAME record which is set to ourSite-live.azurewebsites.net.

If we create that CNAME, we would be making the new site live, but it is…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Consumption Plan for Web Apps

Consider adding a Consumption Plan to App Services - similar to what we have for Azure Functions.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Need a read-only role or operation for Web App Kudu logs.

Developers need to be able to access the KUDU logs for deployment and diagnostic troubleshooting without having contributor access to the web app. Can a read-only role or resource provider operation be created in order to grant this level of access?

51 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Supportability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote which allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature list and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature

17. KQL data in Log Analytics workspaces unable to split by instance since no instance column available.

In the app service tab, when aggregating the average response time, I am to apply an additional splitting to show aggregate groupings by instance.
    Since I am running a scale out deployment, I can see which instance is utilizing the most calls and how balance it is.
    Similar to the image included.

However, when I try to run KQL in Log Analytics workspaces, while I am able to aggregate by the same metrics as the below, I am unable to group by the instance.
    In addition, I honestly don’t see a way to group by the instance, only when I…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Diagnostics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Need a clear service policy for Windows host OS updates

Hello,

This request follows an issue we had last year...

We are a Saas provider and we would like to leverage some Paas services for our banckend stack.
    Last year we containerized some of our WCF-based applications and hosted it on Web App For Containers.
    We also had migrated one of our client's tenants DB to a Managed Instance, aiming to test the whole in production...
    We knew the Web App For Containers service was still PREVIEW and accepted the involved risk.

On Oct. 19, there was a major update on the platform, affecting the host OS version (upgraded to…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Documentation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Offer higher memory / RAM app service plans

I can see this has been raised before but we would really like to see plan options with higher memory. We could host about twice as many applications on the same plan if memory was increased to something like 32gb. Our apps aren't CPU intensive but need more memory, nor any more up.

Thanks!

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Powershell or CLI to pull current stack information of app services

Team ,

We are looking for an option to get the app service current stack information which is set under general settings.

Below command are giving most of the config information but they are not giving the current stack details

Get-AzResource -ResourceGroupName "" -ResourceType Microsoft.Web/sites/config

Get-AzWebApp
    az webapp config show

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  CLI/Powershell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base