Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more here.

Web Apps

Web Apps in Azure App Service provides a scalable, reliable, and easy-to-use environment for hosting web applications. Select from a range of frameworks and templates to create a web site in seconds. Use any tool or OS to develop your site with .NET, PHP, Node.js, Python and more. Choose from a variety of source control options including TFS, GitHub, BitBucket and others to set up continuous integration and develop as a team.

More details about the services are available in the App Service documentation. If you have a technical issue, please open a post on the developer forums through Stack Overflow or MSDN.

Products that we listen to in this space include: App Service, Web Apps, API Apps and Web App for Containers.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. gRpc support in Azure App Service

We can't host gRPC apps in azure app service offering. Could you provide timeline of this feature?

1,136 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    21 comments  ·  App Service Environment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow scale up to Premium V3 without redeploy or cloning

When using an existing App Hosting Plan like S or Pv2 you can't scale to the new P*v3. It just says "Premium V3 is not supported for this scale unit." That last part is an easy sentence to write, but a much harder thing for us to execute.
    It would be great if we could have an option to migrate seamlessly to Pv3. Yes, it needs to migrate to a new scale unit that support Pv3, but it's much easier for Azure to manage all the things than doing it from User-Side.

156 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Web Apps resource allow "prompt=consent" of Google OpenID

I'm using Google OpenID and need feature that when expire session, will display login dialog screen.

When use Azure AD, I add this setting in resource.azure.com the following document.
    "additionalLoginParams": ["prompt=login"]

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/app-service/app-service-authentication-how-to#refresh-identity-provider-tokens

Google OpenID need to set "prompt=consent" and I wrote this settings in resource.azure.com but this feature doesn't work and there is no display login dialog screen.
    "additionalLoginParams": ["prompt=consent"]

https://developers.google.com/identity/protocols/oauth2/openid-connect#re-consent

This feature implemented in Azure AD, so please could you allow to Google Authentication prompt?

35 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Easy Auth OpenID Connect Provider - Support a Bearer Token

We would like to use the Easy Auth OIDC provider with a Bearer token so that we can use client credentials grants with our API's.

We tested the easy auth OIDC provider and were able to get code flow working with our IDP using these instructions:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/app-service/configure-authentication-provider-openid-connect

Adding bearer token support would allow us to leverage Easy Auth with our preferred IDP for both user and machine auth flows.

74 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Static Web Apps support for generic SCM and CI/CD

Static Web Apps, still in public preview as I'm writing this, only seems to integrate with Github and Github Actions.
    Even if we love Github, it would make sense to allow:

1. Other Git repo such as Azure Repo, Gitlab, Bitbucket, ...

2. Other CI/CD tools such as Azure Pipelines, Bitbucket Pipelines, Jenkins, ...

In other words, exactly like normal Web Apps today.

228 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Support App Service Managed Certificates on Free and Shared Tiers

Allow web apps on Free and Shared tiers to use App service Managed Certificates

755 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. web app with private endpoint shouldn't need domain ownership for custom domain

Hi,
    I have a web app (app service) that has a private endpoint. I'd like to create a custom domain for this web app. When I try to validate this custom domain, I get the error message that I need domain ownership for this domain. Apparently, I need to have this domain ownership in public DNS: But as I use private link, I only want to have my web app to be accessible from inside the network. So, I don't want to have public DNS entries for my web apps.
    Please remove domain verification for custom domains of web apps…

31 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Azure App Services on Windows to allow AMSI API

When running Windows based App Services in Azure, we would like to call into the AMSI API to verify if received files/content contains malware.

This works very well under Windows Server 2016 and 2019, as long as we're running under .NET core using out-of-process hosting. (As IIS is excluded from antimalware scans)

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/amsi/antimalware-scan-interface-portal

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Ensure Autoscale allows for new instances to get in rotation only if an App is ready

Currently autoscale puts instances into rotation without checking if the actual application is warmed up. Please add a feature to autoscale that checks if an application is warmed up before its put into rotation. Noting that the new Health Check feature has capabilities to detect bad instances based on URL (this is different than adding new instances with autoscale) this may be start as you could queue off the URL to hit in the app to know if an instance is ready to be in rotation.

40 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add support for remote debugging web app with private endpoint enabled

Per document:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/app-service/networking/private-endpoint#limitations

Remote Debugging functionality is not available when Private Endpoint is enabled for the Web App. The recommendation is to deploy the code to a slot and remote debug it there.

We understand that the internal implementation of remote debugging involves handling the VS remote debugging protocol on a shared part of the App Service platform. It needs to conducive to wiring up behind a private endpoint.

It would be very helpful if this feature can be supported, such that we do not need to use slot as a workaround.

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. CORS - Allow other protocols to be entered

A user cannot enter in a protocol other that https due to validation. Please allow users to enter other protocols such as capacitor: https://ironeko.com/posts/getting-started-with-capacitor-using-next-js-on-ios/?ref=category_article

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Enable container app services to use managed identity to pull image from acr

Please enable container app services (and container function apps) to use managed identity (system and user) to pull images from azure container registry.

This is not currently supported, ref the note on the bottom of this doc page https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/container-registry/container-registry-authentication-managed-identity

This would improve the deployment process for app services and also the security for acr since we then can disable the acr admin account.

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. I need to hunt down and recover please give sercrity data copy send toNSA from Karl Lyle Helm a network

I have located a cyber attack which uses Bluetooth hopping as will as network snooping around the house and around the world. They stalk you it is similar to the Cyber stalking that is going on. The difference is that the devices go into the ear channel. Using elertomagnic rasoince they use low energy sound waves to speak to the victim. Trying to drive them insane. I have been looking for a team to help me build the defensive counter measures. I have the devices in my ears now. They came from Brown's Medical Research academy. My father got them…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Enable alerts based on metric staying above the threshold for a given period of time

As a Function App operator, I should be able to setup a max CPU/Memory metric based alert to trigger based on the condition being met over a period of time, say CPU staying consistently above 90% for 10 minutes. Right now the period is treated as a look back period and the alert fires if the threshold is breached momentarily.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  App Service Environment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Automatically capture memory dump based on CPU metric

As a Function App operator, I should be able to enable automatic capture of memory dump (including for java apps) when the CPU/Memory % reaches a certain threshold and optionally recycle the function app.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Diagnostics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. running SQLite on Linux based App Service

Although App Service on Windows can be used SQLite but not on Linux. Especially Django , SQLite is important because it's default database.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Linux  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Health Check settings should be sticky to the deployment slot

I do not need Health Check enabled for my staging slot. I do for my production slot. After I performed a swap yesterday, the Health Check settings swapped as well. So now the staging slot has Health Check enabled, and the production slot is disabled.

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  App Service Environment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Unable to use subnet when VNET Integrated App is deleted

When an app service is integrated into Regional VNET the subnet is delegated with Microsoft.Web/Server Farm and if we delete app service we are unable to remove the service association link from the subnet. subnet goes waste and needs to raise a ticket with Microsoft. Either don't allow people to delete the function app/App Service, forcing them to disconnect from VNET prior or if it gets deleted to also clean up the delegation on the subnet.

41 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Supportability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Error when changing App Service Plans

When changing App Service Plan P3 to S3 even after disabling not supported diagnostic features as:

AppServiceAntivirusScanAuditLogs
    AppServiceFileAuditLogs

1 slot still reported "AppServiceFileAuditLogs" as enabled, in portal no diagnostic settings was or has been enabled for that slot, the 3 apps and 2 other slots changed without issues.

Looking in "Azure Resource Explorer" it was:

"fileChangeAuditEnabled": true,

In Azure Resource Explorer we could edit to false but it would revert to true.

Mss A. S from from MS support has raised and internal "bug report" and ask me kindly to report here too, original support ticket 121012025000410

Solution was to…

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Recycle corrupted App Service instance

Offen time some instance became unresponsive over time. Most of the time, advance restart or scaling in or out do not resolve the issue.

Even Scaling up or down sometime kill the instance and brings the same one back.

Killing the process didn't help either.

We need to be able to remove tained instance. Please mail me back if you need more info.

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  API Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 32 33
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base