Web Apps

Web Apps in Azure App Service provides a scalable, reliable, and easy-to-use environment for hosting web applications. Select from a range of frameworks and templates to create a web site in seconds. Use any tool or OS to develop your site with .NET, PHP, Node.js, Python and more. Choose from a variety of source control options including TFS, GitHub, BitBucket and others to set up continuous integration and develop as a team.

More details about the services are available in the App Service documentation. If you have a technical issue, please open a post on the developer forums through Stack Overflow or MSDN.

Products that we listen to in this space include: App Service, Web Apps, API Apps and Web App for Containers.

We welcome user feedback and feature requests!

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Deleting an App Service Plan does not delete Alerts

One of my devs had created an App Service Plan with a typo in the name. Whether this was the right course or not, we deleted the App Service Plan and created a new one. Later I discovered that there were still Alerts defined (Disabled) referencing the delete App Service Plan.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Metric and alert for Web App file system used quota

We would like to setup an automatic alert that fires when the file storage of an app plan is reaching its limits.

Ideally it will be great to have a metric that tells the % of storage (quota) consumed so we can set an alert on top of that metric.

25 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        3 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is a great idea and we would like to implement it though there are a few dependencies we need to meet first. We are leaving this on the roadmap for now to see if it gains more customer support which will help with prioritization.

Thanks,
        Oded

• In App Services and App Service Plans, add an alert for "Disk quotas" usage.

If an App Service or an App Service Plan reach its disk quotas, you are alerted if you go into the portal, but you cannot configure an alert in the "Alert" section of AS or ASP.

14 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Azure App Service Backup Alerts

Could email notifications please be added to the Azure App Service Backups. It would be nice to be notified on a daily/weekly basis if the backups of my App Services and completing successfully, partially successfully or failing.

48 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            6 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Don't see your idea?

Web Apps

Feedback and Knowledge Base