Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more here.

Web Apps

Web Apps in Azure App Service provides a scalable, reliable, and easy-to-use environment for hosting web applications. Select from a range of frameworks and templates to create a web site in seconds. Use any tool or OS to develop your site with .NET, PHP, Node.js, Python and more. Choose from a variety of source control options including TFS, GitHub, BitBucket and others to set up continuous integration and develop as a team.

More details about the services are available in the App Service documentation. If you have a technical issue, please open a post on the developer forums through Stack Overflow or MSDN.

Products that we listen to in this space include: App Service, Web Apps, API Apps and Web App for Containers.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. nitializing App Service app creation error! There was an error while initializing App Service app for 'travelrecord1974app'. 'Error connecti

nitializing App Service app creation error!
    There was an error while initializing App Service app for 'travelrecord1974app'. 'Error connecting to SQL server (SQL error code 40532)'

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Adding variable support on tag field when deploying docker container on WebApp container

I'm using docker for all the Ci pipeline, that works great.
    But for the deployment pipeline, I would like to deploy the generated docker tag name based on the BuildNumber but actually it's not supported.

When I set tag $(Release.Artifacts.App.Build.BuildId), the logs

I can see in the logs:

2018-11-12T16:21:37.3420228Z Updating App Service Application settings. Data: {"DOCKERCUSTOMIMAGE_NAME":"myregistry.azurecr.io/app:$(Release.Artifacts.Api.Build.BuildId)"}

The variable is not resolved...

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow cloning to exiting web app

I would like to have an option to clone my application to another existing web application directly without creating new application service.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. When we create case for scale out portal displays 4 profiles in Summary but i only have 2 profiles

When we create case for scale out portal displays 4 profiles in Summary but i only have 2 profiles also it does not display names of my profiles for auto scaling,it just says profile1 profile2..

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Multivhost support with separate DocumentRoot

I have no idea why this common use case in the shared hosting world is not supported, but here it is :

Within my app, I want to serve directory ./www.vhost1.com/ if the client request http://www.host1.com

Here's a documentation of what's missing with Azure web app : https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-set-up-apache-virtual-hosts-on-ubuntu-16-04

├── www.vhost1.com
    │   └── index.php
    └── www.vhost2.com

└── index.php

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. App Services user credential error not shown to user

I recently changed the subscription owner which wiped out the previous user credentials for web deploy. I was trying to create and save "User Credentials" again in the Azure Portal, but the "Saving Credentials" notification would never finish. Using Azure CLI, I came to know the actual error which is "The publishing username has to be globally unique, and the name you provided has already been taken by another Azure customer. Please type in a different name." It would have been nicer if Azure Portal would have shown the same error.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow SFTP access to publish web app

Web App deployment does not support SFTP. Why not?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Supportability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. MIM Web Service Connector Bug - TLS 1.1/1.2 not supported

I've verified on both 1.1.830.0 and 1.1.861.0 of the MIM Web Service Connector https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=51495 that these connectors do not support TLS 1.1/1.2.
    When trying to connect to a service that requires TLS 1.1/1.2 errors are generated as per the attached screenshot.

Can support please be added for TLS 1.1/1.2 services?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. MIM Web Service Connector Bug - Endpoint names starting with number cannot be validated

When trying to configure the MIM Web Service Connector host entry, it will fail to validate if the host name begins with numerical value such as 1234-TestingWS.azurewebsites.net.

Please update the validation criteria for the connector

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. MIM Web Service Connector Enhancement - Enable form-urlencoded on WebServiceCall

Connector currently only supports "application/json" payloads, which means the WebserviceCall cannot be used to authenticate to Azure using OAuth as it requires "application/x-www-form-urlencoded"

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. MIM Web Service Connector Enhancement - As JSON.net library to the connector

To ease the serialization/deserialization of some datasets , please add the ability to leverage JSON.Net classes in the connector

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. BUG: Application Pool PATH variable includes wrong path for git

The Application Pool configuration Path variable includes the following for git, however the 64 bit version is actually installed. This means that the application cannot use Git without referencing the full path (which in my case is impractical).

"D:\Program Files (x86)\Git\cmd"

Path variable should refer to:

"D:\Program Files\Git\cmd"

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. make Active Directory Password parameter in .Net Core like .Net Fwk.

This a real trouble.
    If there actually IS the parameter in te connection string, AND it is displayed as a valid connection string in Azure Portal, it MUST be supported.

Over and over, the features and documentations make it harder to use. And that make non sense.
    I teach, train and Support lots of developers from all around the world, explaining them that it is simple to work with MSFT technologies . But this is not the way MSFT make things now.
    Of course, it must be supported in AzureWeb apps in order to be useful for customers.
    TIA

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow for Web app backups to fetch changed connection string without having to reset or modify the backup schedule

When we restore a new database and modify the connection strings in the Web App Application Settings, the Backup configuration does not pick up this change. We require to modify or reset the Backup configuration for the scheduled backups to be taken successfully.
    Can you please resolve this? Once the connection string is updated on the Web App, would be good that the scheduled backup job picks up this change.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. SSL policy default configuration not available in configuration files.

When SSL policy is at default configuration then it has been observed that its details are not available in the configuration files from either Automation scripts or Azure resource explorer.
    Hence it is not possible currently to edit SSL policy using the configuration files or deploy new Application Gateways using these files if default SSL policy settings need to be modified before deployment as they are not available in the file.
    After a change in default SSL policy has been done either using the GUI or PS commands, the SSL policy details start to show up in the configuration files.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Provide start time value needed for container to start the application

For a Linux App Service Plan, as web apps are managed through containers, it can be very useful to have as information from Azure Portal the time needed for the container to start the application in order to adjust start time limit (WEBSITESCONTAINERSTARTTIMELIMIT). Default start time limit is set by default to 230s but it happens that application needs more time to start.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add support incl. documentation on writing API Apps in Python and importing this API in APIM.

Although Azure's documentation claims that Python is fully supported on Linux environments, I'm not able to use the API Management service and include for instance an Azure Function App created in Python. Is this even possible and, if yes, how?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  API Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Need to find the size of each folder of web apps

We need some way included in web apps so that we can find the size of each folder in the web app. Currently we can get this information using powerShell script.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. [Swap] Web App - Display a warning message if TLS version is different

Hello,

Can you display a warning message if TLS version is different when swapping slots ?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Why Apache TomEE is not avialable under app-service-linux-intro

Currently only Tomcat 8.5, 9.0, Java SE, WildFly 14 (all running JRE 8), are available as linux supported runtimes:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/app-service/containers/app-service-linux-intro

Why Apache TomEE (TomEE plume 7.1.0) is note available since it's java 8 compatible?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  App Service Environment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base