Web Apps

Web Apps in Azure App Service provides a scalable, reliable, and easy-to-use environment for hosting web applications. Select from a range of frameworks and templates to create a web site in seconds. Use any tool or OS to develop your site with .NET, PHP, Node.js, Python and more. Choose from a variety of source control options including TFS, GitHub, BitBucket and others to set up continuous integration and develop as a team.

More details about the services are available in the App Service documentation. If you have a technical issue, please open a post on the developer forums through Stack Overflow or MSDN.

Products that we listen to in this space include: App Service, Web Apps, API Apps and Web App for Containers.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. what is the domain name server for azure web app

I have difficulty configure the Azure Web App with my domain name

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add meaningful name for Principals in different slots

I have enabled MSI for web apps in different deployment slots. When trying to add a Principal under
    Home > Key vaults > XYZ - Access policies > Add access policy > Principal, it currently lists all principals that matches the search string with same name even if they belong to different deployment slots.

For example, if I have enabled MSI in web app XYZ and its Staging deployment slot, it should show as:
    XYZ
    XYZ/slots/Staging.
    Instead this is currently appearing as:
    XYZ
    XYZ

So it is difficult for the users to select the right one they need and it…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Documentation for War file deployment to Websphere Liberty deployment for web-app created on Docker image

Can you please have some documentation on how WAR or ZIP files can be deployed thru KUDU or WAR-DEPLOY for App services (Web-app) created on Azure using Docker image (for Websphere Open Liberty)?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Field Validation on URL differs from final validation

When trying to register an app, a whitespace got copied into the sign-on url. The validation of the field was satisfied, but generation did not work, because the final validation did catch the error.
    The first validation should include this case.

Not sure, whether other forms have the same issue.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. How to activate CBS all access Roku channel?

It’s time to stream the entertaining CBS all access Roku channel shows. The most-watched shows on the channel include The Price is Right, The Late Show with Stephen Colbert, NCIS, and Survivor. It's easy to activate the channel, if you learn the activation steps. Add the channel, find the activation code, and finally provide the code navigating to the activation page.
    https://sites.google.com/site/cbsallaccessroku/
    To contact our network support, try dialing the customer support number provided on our website portal call +1-855-718-4111

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Client IPs shown as 0.0.0.0 in Azure Web App for Containers (linux)

Valid IPs are available for Azure Web App for Windows but not Web App for container Linux. This is much needed for supportablity such as 403 http status code.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Supportability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Make it clearer how to add a new web app to an existing App Service Plan inside an ASE

Greetings! When adding a new web app, may I respectfully suggest updating the informational note that appears just below the Region dropdown to something like the following, to reduce the possibility of future confusion for others:

“Not finding your App Service Plan? Try a different region, or try selecting your App Service Environment from the region list instead.”

And changing the title of the dropdown from “Region” to “Region or App Service Environment”. My coworkers and I looked right at the name of our app service environment above the region list in the region dropdown a dozen times, and not…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  App Service Environment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. App services tend to get stuck when restarting

We have noticed that sometimes App services and Cloud services (classic) tend to be in a ‘stuck’ state when you restart them. They will be shown as running in the Azure portal even though they aren’t actually working. Then we will need to ‘stop and start’ to get it running again

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  App Service Environment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Differentiate between gateway integrated and regional vNet integration on app service portal

It's very confusing that both the gateway integrated and the regional VNet integration options are labelled as "Add VNet" on the app service --> networking --> VNet integration blade. Can you make it more clear which type of integration the user attempts to add, and once added, which type of integration is currently added ?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow for Web app backups to fetch changed connection string without having to reset or modify the backup schedule

When we restore a new database and modify the connection strings in the Web App Application Settings, the Backup configuration does not pick up this change. We require to modify or reset the Backup configuration for the scheduled backups to be taken successfully.
    Can you please resolve this? Once the connection string is updated on the Web App, would be good that the scheduled backup job picks up this change.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Azure App Service Monitoring by SMS

Hello team,

Aim: Send a SMS when my app service (i.e. web app) is down.
    However my country code is missing in 'Action Type' for sending SMS in Azure Monitor.

Can the needful be done to add country code +230 (Mauritius)?

Thanks.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Newly Isolated pricing tire has been introduced, my It opps folks created my App service under it. Facing issues with Maven plugin

Maven plugin not supported for Isolated pricing tire for azure delploy. Please do the needful

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. improve the way to check status for running triggered job's process

We believe that triggered webjob does not stop if webjob is running. However webjob may stop if webjob program uses very little CPU time.
    (It does not hit the threshold necessary to seem 'webjob alive'.)

I know there is WEBJOBSIDLETIMEOUT option.
    https://github.com/projectkudu/kudu/wiki/WebJobs#configuration-settings

However I think that webjob should keep running without WEBJOBSIDLETIMEOUT option if exactly webjob is runnng.

Also the document is unclear, describe the details on the public articles. If there is possibility that webjob may stop due to very lower CPU time, as workaround, you should use the WEBJOBSIDLETIMEOUT option.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Show all slots in a resource-group with "az webapp list --all-slots"

I would like to see all slots in a resource-group in one command like : az webapp list --all-slots .

Recently I renew a SSL wildcard certificate and
    almost all our 36 webapps have 'staging' slots and
    some webapps have another slots.

After I worked for changing thumbprints with 'az webapp config ssl bind' command,
    I would like to confirm finishing my work,
    but I can't find an easy way to see all slots in a resource-group.

To see slots of our webapps, I must use 'az webapp deployment slot list -n WEBAPPNAME' for all webapps.
    It is time consuming…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  CLI/Powershell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Adding a notification alert whenever a custom domain is mapped to an App Service.

We have a requirement of configuring all the public facing websites behind Web Application Firewall. The current setting only enables us to manually look up the domains mapped to each App Service and then configure them behind WAF. This way, there is a chance of missing out on a few newly added domains if they are not checked manually. So, if we were able to receive a notification alert each time a new custom domain is mapped to any App Service, we would then immediately configure it behind WAF.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Throttling when creating web apps

can we have a way to increase throttling limits when creating deleting web apps, specially when using operations such as HostNameBinding. And documentation that shows the hard limits.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Supportability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Bug: cannot delete private certificate - "The api-version query parameter is required"

When attempting to delete a private certificate (with no SSL bindings), I get the following error:

Failed to delete private certificate from app : {0}, Try again later, if you are facing the issue consistently please contact support ticket. Error Details: The api-version query parameter (?api-version=) is required for all requests.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. How do I shut down this old website

I need to shut old website down

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Ability to view availability of regions by subscription

Provide a page (and notification on the corresponding resource page) that provides the information about when/if a specific resource cannot be scaled in its region due to specific constraints. For example, currently sponsored subscriptions cannot be deployed to West US. It came as an unpleasant surprise to our team as we were getting high load and needed to scale out.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. App Service Environment's IP is being blacklist from Spam Rats

The IP address of App Service should not be blacklisted to any platform like Spam Rats. This gives the client some confusion on what was going on with the environment.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base