Web Apps

Web Apps in Azure App Service provides a scalable, reliable, and easy-to-use environment for hosting web applications. Select from a range of frameworks and templates to create a web site in seconds. Use any tool or OS to develop your site with .NET, PHP, Node.js, Python and more. Choose from a variety of source control options including TFS, GitHub, BitBucket and others to set up continuous integration and develop as a team.

More details about the services are available in the App Service documentation. If you have a technical issue, please open a post on the developer forums through Stack Overflow or MSDN.

Products that we listen to in this space include: App Service, Web Apps, API Apps and Web App for Containers.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Problem with Dynamic Configuration with Azure App Configuration

I try to use the dymamic configuration for my Asp.net core application. My Program.cs has the follow configuration:

public static IWebHostBuilder CreateWebHostBuilder(string[] args) =>

WebHost.CreateDefaultBuilder(args)

.ConfigureAppConfiguration((context, config) => {

config.AddAzureAppConfiguration(options =>
    options.Connect("connectionstring")
    .Use("*", context.HostingEnvironment.EnvironmentName)
    .WatchAndReloadAll("Configuracoes:*", TimeSpan.FromSeconds(5)));
    })
    .UseStartup<Startup>();

In my controller I use the IOptionsSnapshop<Configuracoes>...

private Configuracoes _config;

public HomeController(IOptionsSnapshot&lt;Configuracoes&gt; config)

{
    _config = config.Value;
    }

but, when I update the value of config at the Azure and then refreshing my website, the new value it's not updated.

In the configuration explorer i have:

key Configuracoes:BackgroundColor
    Label Development
    Value red

key Configuracoes:BackgroundColor
    Label Production
    Value blue

Can you help me?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. MySQL in-app

The links to the blog for this feature are either redirected to the general blog landing page, no longer exists or just not with step by step approach.

Users also need to know that the "Manage" button would take them to the phpMyadmin page.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Documentation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. App Service Application Events filters problem

In an App Service if you select "Application Events" and filter on EVENT ID it builds the list correctly, but then when you click on one of the events it shows the wrong data.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. to provide a solution for monthly web app price calculation .

to provide a solution for monthly web app price calculation .

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Consumption Plan for Web Apps

Consider adding a Consumption Plan to App Services - similar to what we have for Azure Functions.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Implement a REST API for accessing metrics for the Application Service Plan and Application Service

The REST API for the Application Insights works great, however the Application Service Plan and the Application Service only support the ODATA query languange, and it is also very limited in the parameters (filter options) that are supported.
    For example, it is currently not possible to extract an average value for the latest 5 minutes for a specific metric, which is something that easily can be done in the Application Insights REST API.

I would like to see the same REST API implementation for the Application Service Plan and the Application Service.

Let me know if clarification is needed.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  App Service Environment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Automatic loading of public certificates into the default Java trust store in App Service on Linux

I would like to suggest adding the automatic loading of public certificates in /var/ssl/certs into the default Java trust store. I understand there is another way to achieve this, using a Startup file to add the certificate (because in Linux the persistent data remains in /home) but I think it would be better if this step was automatic

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Linux  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. REST API shouldn't return 0 when it doesn't have the actual data

Calling the REST API to get CPU or memory usage of an app service plan, if you ask for it in the last minute it can return 0 to you, when a few minutes later it will return the actual value for the same time, it seems it takes a while for the real data to be available to the API, however I think it's wrong to return incorrect data, it should not return a value until it has the real value.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. XGBoost Error in Azure App Service : ['libgomp.so.1: cannot open shared object file]

Hi Team

I am not able to run Flask application with XGBoost in Azure App Service.

Can you please fix this on urgent basis.

Below is the error msg-

020-04-25T20:19:14.102061100Z from xgboost import XGBRegressor
    2020-04-25T20:19:14.102065200Z File "/antenv/lib/python3.7/site-packages/xgboost/init.py", line 11, in
    2020-04-25T20:19:14.102069600Z from .core import DMatrix, Booster
    2020-04-25T20:19:14.102075300Z File "/antenv/lib/python3.7/site-packages/xgboost/core.py", line 161, in
    2020-04-25T20:19:14.102079700Z LIB = loadlib()
    2020-04-25T20:19:14.102083900Z File "/antenv/lib/python3.7/site-packages/xgboost/core.py", line 152, in
    loadlib
    2020-04-25T20:19:14.102093400Z 'Error message(s): {}\n'.format(os
    errorlist))
    2020-04-25T20:19:14.102097700Z xgboost.core.XGBoostError: XGBoost Library (libxgboost.so) could not be loaded.
    2020-04-25T20:19:14.102102000Z Likely causes:
    2020-04-25T20:19:14.102106100Z * OpenMP runtime is not installed (vcomp140.dll or libgomp-1.dll for Windows, libgomp.so for UNIX-like OSes)
    2020-04-25T20:19:14.102110400Z

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Wildcard SSL for App service

Allow wildcard ssl for Azure App service

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. App services should show the max supported version of ASP.NET core

If you deploy an app with a version of .NET Core that isn't deployed on Azure yet, you get horrible to debug errors that you have to enable stdout logging on to get to the bottom of.

(Ultimatly editing csproj with PublishWithAspNetCoreTargetManifest set to false)

Confusing and time consuming. It would be great if Azure showed you some where on the app, a max supported version of .NET core and some kind of publishing warning if you try to push something higher.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Need support for Azure Hybrid service in Linux environment.

Hi,
    I'm trying to connec sql server from azure function in python running inside a inux environment, there is no way to connect it with out on-premise sql server

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Linux  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Can't copy application log settings to new created deployment slots.

in Japanese.

日本語で。

診断ログでアプリケーションログ、サーバログを両方設定した状態でWebAppでデプロイメントスロットを複製して作ると、デプロイメントスロット側では、アプリケーションログの設定は複製されず、サーバログの設定は複製される。

その状態でProductionにスワップすると、Production側の診断ログの設定もスワップされるため、結果として、アプリケーションログの設定されていない状態になる。これはシナリオとしておかしい気がする。バグではないか?

診断ログの設定はスワップされないか、デプロイメントスロットを作成するときに完全に複製できるほうが正しいと思う。

改善をしてほしい。以上

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Supportability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Parallel Deploy w/ Java App using Tomcat in webapp

we currently have a RHEL VM Cluster that allows parallel deploys. meaning that a client stays on the current code version until they log out. then on next login they would be moved to the most current version deployed. this is dont with multicasting the sessionId to all app servers so if the traffic is moved, they dont need a new session id bc it still exists on the new server. currently with webapps (linux, tomcat 8.x, java) there is no way to do this. using deploy slots will insta kick clients out of the session and move them to…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  App Service Environment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. said najib

said najib +998904108722

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  API Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. php/laravel, Django and NodeJS Deployment

I would like to see support for PHP/Laravel, DJango and seamless and possible just like i can do in heroku cli or how we do in asp.net core. It will be great if I don't need to worry about composer or pip or virtual environment. I push my app using git or from my repository, Azure App Service should auto detect my language and all the packages and install them on the fly, including root directories and environment variables. Also, web.config should be scrapped out entirely or auto-configured. {Heroku detects my php / Laravel and do all the configurations for…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Have you tried looking into App Service hosted on Linux:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/app-service/containers/app-service-linux-intro

While the deployment won’t pull all your dependencies, you can still used a blessed image for your stack and even containerize your solution and host them on Linux.

One more item to look at is the new CLI “up” command we have for creating apps. You can check the quick session we had at Microsoft Ignite about this feature:
    https://myignite.techcommunity.microsoft.com/sessions/66652

We’ll leave this under review to see if there are any improvements to our deployment that will happen as part of Linux hosting.

Thanks,
    Oded

17. Increase App Service databse backup limit past 4 GB. This is not much space for a DB these days.

Increase App Service databse backup limit past 4 GB. This is not much space for a DB these days.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Taal Nederlands beschrijving

Waarom gaat alles over in het Engels , ik ben Nederlands en vind Engels lezen best moeilijk , en waarom word dat niet automatisch aan gepast voor mijn zo dat ik sneller kan lezen maar zeker te begrijpen hulp daar voor is nodig. Om geen fouten te Maaken gr Ronny Bryden.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. mysql.exe azure web app

Connecting to Azure DB for MySQL from Azure Web Apps (windows) fails when SSL is enabled on MySQL.

mysql.exe --host=xxxxxxxx.mysql.database.azure.com --user=user@db --password="password" --ssl --ssl-ca=D:\home\data\BaltimoreCyberTrustRoot.crt.pem

results in an error: ERROR 2026 (HY000): SSL connection error: socket layer receive error

But Drupal config with SSL to MySQL works OK. MySQL CLI from desktop works OK. Issue appears to be specific with Azure Web Apps and MySQL client.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow SFTP access to publish web app

Web App deployment does not support SFTP. Why not?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base