Web Apps

Web Apps in Azure App Service provides a scalable, reliable, and easy-to-use environment for hosting web applications. Select from a range of frameworks and templates to create a web site in seconds. Use any tool or OS to develop your site with .NET, PHP, Node.js, Python and more. Choose from a variety of source control options including TFS, GitHub, BitBucket and others to set up continuous integration and develop as a team.

More details about the services are available in the App Service documentation. If you have a technical issue, please open a post on the developer forums through Stack Overflow or MSDN.

Products that we listen to in this space include: App Service, Web Apps, API Apps and Web App for Containers.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. App services should show the max supported version of ASP.NET core

If you deploy an app with a version of .NET Core that isn't deployed on Azure yet, you get horrible to debug errors that you have to enable stdout logging on to get to the bottom of.

(Ultimatly editing csproj with PublishWithAspNetCoreTargetManifest set to false)

Confusing and time consuming. It would be great if Azure showed you some where on the app, a max supported version of .NET core and some kind of publishing warning if you try to push something higher.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Need support for Azure Hybrid service in Linux environment.

Hi,
    I'm trying to connec sql server from azure function in python running inside a inux environment, there is no way to connect it with out on-premise sql server

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Linux  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Can't copy application log settings to new created deployment slots.

in Japanese.

日本語で。

診断ログでアプリケーションログ、サーバログを両方設定した状態でWebAppでデプロイメントスロットを複製して作ると、デプロイメントスロット側では、アプリケーションログの設定は複製されず、サーバログの設定は複製される。

その状態でProductionにスワップすると、Production側の診断ログの設定もスワップされるため、結果として、アプリケーションログの設定されていない状態になる。これはシナリオとしておかしい気がする。バグではないか?

診断ログの設定はスワップされないか、デプロイメントスロットを作成するときに完全に複製できるほうが正しいと思う。

改善をしてほしい。以上

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Supportability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Parallel Deploy w/ Java App using Tomcat in webapp

we currently have a RHEL VM Cluster that allows parallel deploys. meaning that a client stays on the current code version until they log out. then on next login they would be moved to the most current version deployed. this is dont with multicasting the sessionId to all app servers so if the traffic is moved, they dont need a new session id bc it still exists on the new server. currently with webapps (linux, tomcat 8.x, java) there is no way to do this. using deploy slots will insta kick clients out of the session and move them to…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  App Service Environment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. php/laravel, Django and NodeJS Deployment

I would like to see support for PHP/Laravel, DJango and seamless and possible just like i can do in heroku cli or how we do in asp.net core. It will be great if I don't need to worry about composer or pip or virtual environment. I push my app using git or from my repository, Azure App Service should auto detect my language and all the packages and install them on the fly, including root directories and environment variables. Also, web.config should be scrapped out entirely or auto-configured. {Heroku detects my php / Laravel and do all the configurations for…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Have you tried looking into App Service hosted on Linux:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/app-service/containers/app-service-linux-intro

While the deployment won’t pull all your dependencies, you can still used a blessed image for your stack and even containerize your solution and host them on Linux.

One more item to look at is the new CLI “up” command we have for creating apps. You can check the quick session we had at Microsoft Ignite about this feature:
    https://myignite.techcommunity.microsoft.com/sessions/66652

We’ll leave this under review to see if there are any improvements to our deployment that will happen as part of Linux hosting.

Thanks,
    Oded

6. Increase App Service databse backup limit past 4 GB. This is not much space for a DB these days.

Increase App Service databse backup limit past 4 GB. This is not much space for a DB these days.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  App Service Environment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Taal Nederlands beschrijving

Waarom gaat alles over in het Engels , ik ben Nederlands en vind Engels lezen best moeilijk , en waarom word dat niet automatisch aan gepast voor mijn zo dat ik sneller kan lezen maar zeker te begrijpen hulp daar voor is nodig. Om geen fouten te Maaken gr Ronny Bryden.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. mysql.exe azure web app

Connecting to Azure DB for MySQL from Azure Web Apps (windows) fails when SSL is enabled on MySQL.

mysql.exe --host=xxxxxxxx.mysql.database.azure.com --user=user@db --password="password" --ssl --ssl-ca=D:\home\data\BaltimoreCyberTrustRoot.crt.pem

results in an error: ERROR 2026 (HY000): SSL connection error: socket layer receive error

But Drupal config with SSL to MySQL works OK. MySQL CLI from desktop works OK. Issue appears to be specific with Azure Web Apps and MySQL client.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow SFTP access to publish web app

Web App deployment does not support SFTP. Why not?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. sylvainx_girardx@hotmail.com

Hi,

I just ran into a bug in the azure portal when trying to mount a file share in a container app service (the new 'Bring your own storage' feature). When using a name that contains a space for the mapping (not the share name, just the mapping name) the share is mounted with insufficient permissions. I can see the share but not the contents.

The UI doesn't invalidate spaces in the share name so it took me a while to figure it out.

It's happening in the current 'Application settings' blade as well as the new 'Configuration' one that's…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. IIS limitation to only extract leaf cert (with private key) when passing certificate chain to azure from client.

Azure is built on IIS, so the IIS limitation to only extract the leaf cert severely hinders the possibility to programmatically extract the root certificate and the following certs associated with that root certificate. There is an option to manually add these via the portal, however, this will cause an issue when something is changed on the client side that would require a reupload of the certificate. Would like to request a way or alternative way of passing this certificate chain that will allow for all certs to be passed and not just the root certificate. This chain is passed…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Connecting to Azure DB for MySQL from Azure Web Apps (windows) fails when SSL is enabled on MySQL. mysql.exe --host=xxxxxxxx.mysql.database.

Connecting to Azure DB for MySQL from Azure Web Apps (windows) fails when SSL is enabled on MySQL.

mysql.exe --host=xxxxxxxx.mysql.database.azure.com --user=user@db --password="password" --ssl --ssl-ca=D:\home\data\BaltimoreCyberTrustRoot.crt.pem

results in an error: ERROR 2026 (HY000): SSL connection error: socket layer receive error

But Drupal config with SSL to MySQL works OK. MySQL CLI from desktop works OK. Issue appears to be specific with Azure Web Apps and MySQL client.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Linux App Service Plan health status is provisioning and instance count is 0 which is under App Service Environment

I have created an App Service Environment and created an App Service Plan of Linux OS type.

The health status of Linux App Service Plan is in "Provisioning" state.

And I have found that the health state is supported only for Basic, Standard and Premium but not for Dev, Shared and Isolated.

Here the number of Instances in this App Service Plan is showing as 0 under properties.

But for windows App Service Plan the instance count is showing as expected.

Can you please help me if I am missing anything else in order to display valid Instance count under…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. what is the domain name server for azure web app

I have difficulty configure the Azure Web App with my domain name

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add meaningful name for Principals in different slots

I have enabled MSI for web apps in different deployment slots. When trying to add a Principal under
    Home > Key vaults > XYZ - Access policies > Add access policy > Principal, it currently lists all principals that matches the search string with same name even if they belong to different deployment slots.

For example, if I have enabled MSI in web app XYZ and its Staging deployment slot, it should show as:
    XYZ
    XYZ/slots/Staging.
    Instead this is currently appearing as:
    XYZ
    XYZ

So it is difficult for the users to select the right one they need and it…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Documentation for War file deployment to Websphere Liberty deployment for web-app created on Docker image

Can you please have some documentation on how WAR or ZIP files can be deployed thru KUDU or WAR-DEPLOY for App services (Web-app) created on Azure using Docker image (for Websphere Open Liberty)?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Field Validation on URL differs from final validation

When trying to register an app, a whitespace got copied into the sign-on url. The validation of the field was satisfied, but generation did not work, because the final validation did catch the error.
    The first validation should include this case.

Not sure, whether other forms have the same issue.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Client IPs shown as 0.0.0.0 in Azure Web App for Containers (linux)

Valid IPs are available for Azure Web App for Windows but not Web App for container Linux. This is much needed for supportablity such as 403 http status code.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. App services tend to get stuck when restarting

We have noticed that sometimes App services and Cloud services (classic) tend to be in a ‘stuck’ state when you restart them. They will be shown as running in the Azure portal even though they aren’t actually working. Then we will need to ‘stop and start’ to get it running again

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Differentiate between gateway integrated and regional vNet integration on app service portal

It's very confusing that both the gateway integrated and the regional VNet integration options are labelled as "Add VNet" on the app service --> networking --> VNet integration blade. Can you make it more clear which type of integration the user attempts to add, and once added, which type of integration is currently added ?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base