Web Apps

Web Apps in Azure App Service provides a scalable, reliable, and easy-to-use environment for hosting web applications. Select from a range of frameworks and templates to create a web site in seconds. Use any tool or OS to develop your site with .NET, PHP, Node.js, Python and more. Choose from a variety of source control options including TFS, GitHub, BitBucket and others to set up continuous integration and develop as a team.

More details about the services are available in the App Service documentation. If you have a technical issue, please open a post on the developer forums through Stack Overflow or MSDN.

Products that we listen to in this space include: App Service, Web Apps, API Apps and Web App for Containers.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. EasyAuth and SameSite cookies

The "SameSite" cookie attribute isn't being set when using Azure App Service with EasyAuth. Being able to configure this value within the Azure portal - and for other cookies as well - would be beneficial.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/app-service/overview-authentication-authorization

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  App Service Environment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make PHP-settings configurable for Wordpress Web App Service

Please make PHP-settings configurable for Wordpress Web App Service. Currently it is impossible to upload bigger themes for instance, because of limitations in the current PHP configuration of the service (uploadmaxfilesize, postmaxsize, maxexecutiontime, maxinputtime, log_errors etc).

These settings don't seem to be adjustable, or are at least not clearly documented. I've tried everything I could find (.htaccess, .user.ini), but nothing seems to work.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  App Gallery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Web Apps: Custom domain A-record TXT verification incorrect information

I'm trying to add a custom domain to my web app for the apex of my domain as an A-record, and it's telling me to add the IP address for the TXT record, even though it should be pointing to the sites name ("azurewebsites.net").

I started by adding the IP to the TXT record and couldn't figure out why it wasn't working after several hours, even after checking that digiwebinterface was resolving it "correctly". After changing it to the azurewebsites.net address I can confirm that I can add the custom domain.

To clarify, this is simply a bug in the…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Make the resource type 'microsoft.insights/autoscalesetting' available for region US Gov Texas

Make the resource type 'microsoft.insights/autoscalesetting' available for region US Gov Texas

We need this to have a proper deployment. We cannot use US Gov Iowa as our secondary location.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. WEBSITE_LOAD_CERTIFICATES

Azure Upload certificate by rest API problem

I have upload certificate by rest API: PUT https://management.azure.com/subscriptions/{subscriptionId}/resourceGroups/{resourceGroupName}/providers/Microsoft.Web/certificates/{name}?api-version=2016-03-01

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/rest/api/appservice/certificates/createorupdate

and then I see certificate in SSL settings - Private Certificate. If I call GET https://management.azure.com/subscriptions/{subscriptionId}/providers/Microsoft.Web/certificates?api-version=2016-03-01

If try to get in .net:

private string GetStoreCertificate(string thumbprint)

{

string name = "";
    try
    {
    List<StoreLocation> locations = new List<StoreLocation>
    {
    StoreLocation.CurrentUser,
    StoreLocation.LocalMachine
    };

foreach (var location in locations)
    {
    X509Store store = new X509Store("My", location);
    try
    {
    store.Open(OpenFlags.ReadOnly | OpenFlags.OpenExistingOnly);
    X509Certificate2Collection certificates = store.Certificates.Find(
    X509FindType.FindByThumbprint, thumbprint, false);
    if (certificates.Count == 1)
    {
    name = certificates[0].FriendlyName;
    }
    }
    finally
    {
    store.Close();
    }
    }

if (name…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  App Service Environment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Web app service health check(preview feature)

We met an issue that the web app service is marked as unhealthy and recycled. This feature is already on the platform which affects the web app service running. But according to the https://github.com/projectkudu/kudu/wiki/Health-Check-(Preview) that this feature should be enabled by the user. Is this a mis-document?

Thanks

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Web app connectivity whitelisting using the *azurewebsites.com

I have several web apps created with shared infrastructure as the App Service Plan, now what I need is to make only the webapps to talk to each other only using the *azurewebsites.net, because the webapps are referred using the azure urls and not with the ips. Any option available for that. I know it is available in Premium and Isolated network.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Web App Open Ports 4024 and 4022

Currently, our web apps have the remote debugging option off however based on security scans we still see TCP port 4022 and 4024 still open.
    In discussion with Microsoft Support there is no resolution at this time to remove the TCP port 4022 and 4024 being open to the Web Apps because it is a multi-tenant site they do not have the options to do so. However, I did look at the firewall configuration and unfortunately it only allows IP based rules and not port specific rules.

Here is the link that the the support engineer provided which was the…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Don't allow duplicate IP's to be entered in the IP whitelist on VM's or services

My problem was specific to a web app. We had a duplicate IP restrictions list that caused the below error.

ModuleName IpRestrictionModule
    Notification BEGIN_REQUEST
    HttpStatus 500
    HttpReason Internal Server Error
    HttpSubStatus 19
    ErrorCode The data is invalid.
    (0x8007000d)
    ConfigExceptionInfo \?\C:\DWASFiles\Sites\murkinservice\Config\applicationhost.config ( 384) :Cannot add duplicate collection entry of type 'add' with combined key attributes 'ipAddress, subnetMask, domainName' respectively set to '10.10.10.10, 255.255.255.255, '

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Azure App Service Refresh Quotas not working properly

After clicking on refresh, it continues to add Usage, I think minor error in calculation script.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. nitializing App Service app creation error! There was an error while initializing App Service app for 'travelrecord1974app'. 'Error connecti

nitializing App Service app creation error!
    There was an error while initializing App Service app for 'travelrecord1974app'. 'Error connecting to SQL server (SQL error code 40532)'

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Provide start time value needed for container to start the application

For a Linux App Service Plan, as web apps are managed through containers, it can be very useful to have as information from Azure Portal the time needed for the container to start the application in order to adjust start time limit (WEBSITESCONTAINERSTARTTIMELIMIT). Default start time limit is set by default to 230s but it happens that application needs more time to start.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add an option to also swap resource tags if desired

When swapping slots have an option to select which webapp resource tags to swap too.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Support running "App Service" runtime environment on-premises on Windows Server

For small projects, especially for "Web App", and without using "Azure Stack", I will be a great added value to have a 100% API compatible "Azure App Service - Web app" runtime environment running natively on Windows Server.

Somehow it will be a modern revisit of the Windows "Component service" in the arena of an App servers

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Problem with Dynamic Configuration with Azure App Configuration

I try to use the dymamic configuration for my Asp.net core application. My Program.cs has the follow configuration:

public static IWebHostBuilder CreateWebHostBuilder(string[] args) =>

WebHost.CreateDefaultBuilder(args)

.ConfigureAppConfiguration((context, config) => {

config.AddAzureAppConfiguration(options =>
    options.Connect("connectionstring")
    .Use("*", context.HostingEnvironment.EnvironmentName)
    .WatchAndReloadAll("Configuracoes:*", TimeSpan.FromSeconds(5)));
    })
    .UseStartup<Startup>();

In my controller I use the IOptionsSnapshop<Configuracoes>...

private Configuracoes _config;

public HomeController(IOptionsSnapshot&lt;Configuracoes&gt; config)

{
    _config = config.Value;
    }

but, when I update the value of config at the Azure and then refreshing my website, the new value it's not updated.

In the configuration explorer i have:

key Configuracoes:BackgroundColor
    Label Development
    Value red

key Configuracoes:BackgroundColor
    Label Production
    Value blue

Can you help me?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. MySQL in-app

The links to the blog for this feature are either redirected to the general blog landing page, no longer exists or just not with step by step approach.

Users also need to know that the "Manage" button would take them to the phpMyadmin page.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Documentation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. App Service Application Events filters problem

In an App Service if you select "Application Events" and filter on EVENT ID it builds the list correctly, but then when you click on one of the events it shows the wrong data.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. to provide a solution for monthly web app price calculation .

to provide a solution for monthly web app price calculation .

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Consumption Plan for Web Apps

Consider adding a Consumption Plan to App Services - similar to what we have for Azure Functions.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Implement a REST API for accessing metrics for the Application Service Plan and Application Service

The REST API for the Application Insights works great, however the Application Service Plan and the Application Service only support the ODATA query languange, and it is also very limited in the parameters (filter options) that are supported.
    For example, it is currently not possible to extract an average value for the latest 5 minutes for a specific metric, which is something that easily can be done in the Application Insights REST API.

I would like to see the same REST API implementation for the Application Service Plan and the Application Service.

Let me know if clarification is needed.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base