Web Apps

Web Apps in Azure App Service provides a scalable, reliable, and easy-to-use environment for hosting web applications. Select from a range of frameworks and templates to create a web site in seconds. Use any tool or OS to develop your site with .NET, PHP, Node.js, Python and more. Choose from a variety of source control options including TFS, GitHub, BitBucket and others to set up continuous integration and develop as a team.

More details about the services are available in the App Service documentation. If you have a technical issue, please open a post on the developer forums through Stack Overflow or MSDN.

Products that we listen to in this space include: App Service, Web Apps, API Apps and Web App for Containers.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Deleting an IP restriction for a Subnet that no longer exists returns an exception and changes are applied

When a subnet that is included as an IP restriction in the IP Restriction list for an Azure Function App is deleted, and then the IP restriction is deleted from the list of restrictions, the API returns an exception, although changes are applied (as expected).
    Suggestion is to improve the response of the API in such cases so no false exceptions are returned.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  API Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Netflix com activate

Well, there will be several queries for you on how to activate Netflix. Just surf to the Netflix.com/activate and submit the code. The platform gets activated in the process and for further suggestions, you can reach out to the technical support panel @ +1-844-893-6700.
    https://sites.google.com/view/netflix-activate/

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. [Linux] Don't try to run Docker container after failed pull operation

Currently App Service would run and fail after unsuccessful pull operation (e.g. triggered by a change to linuxfsversion).

BTW, pull fails for newly created App Service (using Terraform), it seems that linuxfxversion triggers pull without DOCKERREGISTRYSERVER_* application settings, after 4 minutes it successfully retries and pulls the image.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Restrict Key Vault certificate import to a specific App Service Plan

App Service certificate import supports importing certificates from Key Vault. This operation requires an access policy on the Key Vault for Microsoft Azure Website (app id abfa0a7c-a6b6-4736-8310-5855508787cd). This access policy is directory wide which means any App Service can import certificates from this Key Vault, even from other subscriptions within the same directory.

It would be more secure if we could limit this access policy to a particular App Service Plan. I should not be able to import production web app certificates from my personal MPN subscription.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. app service authentication - support convergence login for MicrosoftAccount defined at apps.dev.microsoft.com

Allow app service to support authentication from microsoft accounts apps configured with convergence...

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. NATGateway support for Regional VNet Integration

We need this feature as a cheaper way to get fixed, independent outbound IP without an ASE, AzureFirewall or NVA.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. URL Rewrite

Web Apps need to be able to add URL Rewrite Rules the same way I can add Routing Rules or NSG Rules to a Subnet. adding/modifying URL Rewrite through the web.config is terrible.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow shift-clicking in Azure workbook dropdowns

Currently in Azure Monitor Workbooks, dropdown parameter values are not shift-clickable. This means that if you want to select multiple values you have to click each value individually. This is not fun.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. How to activate xfinity

Let me help you and explain how to activate Xfinity. The activation steps are here. The initial step is the device selection. You can visit the app store and install the Xfinity beta app. Login to collect the activation code and then visit the portal, xfinity.com/authorize to complete the activation.
    Visit https://www.roku-comlink.com/xfinity-com-authorize/

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow us to decrypt HTTPS traffic captured via network diagnostics

Currently it is possible to capture network traffic on App Services and download the traces as .cap files that can be opened with a program like WireShark. However if the traffic you are interested in viewing is encrypted, you may be out of luck.

Recently, some traffic to an internal server was getting lost somewhere in-between itself and Azure. After a days worth of investigation, our internal IT team found no issues with the server and no traffic being denied from Azure. We resorted to looking at network traces to get as much information as possible, but the traffic to…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Diagnostics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Improve the SSL Settings interface

(1)Add alerts or warnings when a certificate is about to expire.
    (2)Change the font color on certificates that are soon to expire.
    (3)Combine the list for certificate and binding into a 2 column list so it is easier to see that you have the correct certificate bound. It is time consuming to continuously scroll up and down to match thumbprints.

SSL/TLS certificates are becoming a required element on the web today. I think it is time to improve this interface.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Docker on Azure Web Service -> invalid reference format

Deploying a simple docker image that works locally doesn't work on Azure. It is passbolt/passbolt from Dockerhub. I'm getting:

2018-11-23 16:42:38.833 INFO - docker run -d -p 30754:80 --name passbolt-cfall_0 -e WEBSITES_ENABLE_APP_SERVICE_STORAGE=false -e WEBSITE_SITE_NAME=passbolt-cfall -e WEBSITE_AUTH_ENABLED=False -e PORT=80 -e WEBSITE_ROLE_INSTANCE_ID=0 -e WEBSITE_INSTANCE_ID=5506ae4ca515ad8e03e1a017e330421d47cde35f166eca2dad0bdfa6771efc2e passbolt/passbolt:latest
    2018-11-23 16:42:38.833 INFO - Logging is not enabled for this container.Please use <a rel="nofollow noreferrer" href="https://aka.ms/linux-diagnostics">https://aka.ms/linux-diagnostics</a> to enable logging to see container logs here.
    2018-11-23 16:42:38.854 ERROR - Container create failed for passbolt-cfall_0 with System.AggregateException, One or more errors occurred.InnerException: Docker.DotNet.DockerApiException, Docker API responded with status code=BadRequest, response={&quot;message&quot;:&quot;invalid reference format&quot;}

It seems other had similar problem: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/52641590/deploy-a-docker-container-to-azure-app-service-linux

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  App Service Environment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. |BUG| creating a new slot and copy setting from exsiting resets IP restrictions subnet to /32

As above, I used the feature to create a new slot and copy settings to the new slot and then I spent a good hour trying to figure out why I was unable to access the website. This feature copies the IP addresses but resets all the subnets to /32. This is a pain to fix if you have a lot of IP address restrictions in place.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Post Deployment Script in Azure Web App for Containers

Is it possible to run a post-deploy script inside a container in Azure Web App for Containers(not the "regular" Web App with Kudu).

I have an ARM template that creates some resources, including a Web App for Containers where I use a Dockerhub image. I want to run a post-deployment script inside the container(a database migration script if that matters("bundle exec rake db:migrate" specifically)).

I can put the command into the Startup File in the Container Settings in the Azure Portal. That runs the command successfully, but it doesn't start up the container normally. So, I have to remove the…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Announce user-owned IP blocks

I believe if an organization or company owns existing IP assets such as an IPv4 /24 from a RIR such as ARIN or the APNIC, they should be able to provide Microsoft with a LOA (Letter of Authorization) and other additional information and be able to use their own IPs on MS Azure.

Other cloud services are already offering this, and I see no reason why MS can't do it as well.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Improve garbage collection in Hybrid Connection Manager with Proxy

We found that when we configure a Hybrid Connection Manager with a Proxy server, it will cause memory leak.
    The memory usage of HCM would be very high after running for a week.
    Hope you guys can improve its garbage collection performance.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Support Always On when Authentication required

When an App Service is configured to require authentication (with AAD at least, haven't tried with other providers) and no Anonymous requests then it appears that the Always On "pings" will get intercepted and rejected (401.71 Unauthorized). Such configurations should be supported for Always On.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Optionally stop the web app while backing up

Some of my web apps have embedded databases that block the files they use. That prevents the backup from storing them (well, it actually stores a 0 byte file instead). This is not a big handicap if I make the backups manually, because I know the issue and I stop the web apps manually, but if I want to automate the backup I can't because almost always these files are locked...

One possible solution would be to add an option in the backup configuration to stop the web app before running and start it again after it has finished.

Thanks!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. CI/CD to a function through an azure container registry is broken.

I have an azure function that lives in a docker container. I have configured a github action to push the container to an Azure container registry, and then I have enabled my azure function to automatically pull the latest image in the registry, using the CI/CD settings. When I do this, I select my azure container registry from the pulldown menu, but then the function app truncates the azurecr.io from the name of the container registry and tries to pull a non-existent image from docker.io instead, with the name of my azure container registry. This is clearly a bug, please…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. AppService metrics for 'Percentage Failed Requests'

Can AppService provide the metrics 'Percentage Failed Requests'?

Percentage Failed Requests = Http Server Errors / Requests

Currently we can only set alert based on number of failed requests, but it doesn't work well when the total requests number is uneven.

We tried Application Insights log search alert, which is great but it requires additional set up (consider the situation with hundreds of AppServices), and not all AppService can be tracked(static content sites for example)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base