Cache

Azure Cache is a family of cache offerings that support high throughput, low-latency data access, to enable building fast, scalable applications.
- Azure Redis Cache (Preview) is based on the popular open source Redis Cache engine. The service gives users access to a secure, dedicated Redis Cache, managed by Microsoft.
- Azure Managed Cache Service: Built on App Fabric Cache. This is a dedicated managed service.
- In-Role Cache: Built on App Fabric Cache. This is a self-hosted cache, available via the Azure SDK.

How can we improve Azure Cache?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Ability to view list of connected clients

While on a support call you provided a list of the connected clients to a Redis Cache that we ourselves were not able to get through running commands, example below:

[04:32:23.4286188] Current Connections per Client (master):
    Connection Type: Normal
    104.45.143.245 (********2000000) => 4299
    104.45.143.245 (********2000002) => 546
    104.45.143.245 (********2000001) => 96
    104.45.143.245 (********2000004) => 12
    52.170.215.107 (********000001) => 6

To have the ability to get this list would be very helpful from a troubleshooting standpoint as today we are only able to get a list of all connections using…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Azure Redis Cache  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. [Request] Please fix error messages when deploying Azure Redis Cache

I try to create Azure Cache for Redis on VNET that does not meet the inbound and outbound port requirements, I get the following error:
    {"code":"DeploymentFailed","message":"At least one resource deployment operation failed. Please list deployment operations for details. Please see https://aka.ms/arm-debug for usage details.","details":[{"code":"Conflict","message":"{\r\n \"status\": \"Failed\",\r\n \"error\": {\r\n \"code\": \"ResourceDeploymentFailure\",\r\n \"message\": \"The resource operation completed with terminal provisioning state 'Failed'.\"\r\n }\r\n}"}]}

Since the error message was confusing, it was confused with the presence of Redis of the same name, and it took a long time to investigate.
    Could you please improve the error message properly when building of Azure Redis…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Redis Databases 256

How can I change databases to 256?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Please add a

Please add a button to clear the cache . We are facing huge hardships coz of this cache thing. if you need more information please contact us https://bileeta.com

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Azure Managed Cache  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Guide not complete for 2.2

Solution won't recognize .AddUserSecret until you add a nuget package fot it Microsoft.Extensions.Configuration.AddUserSecrets

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Increase number of databases

Is there a way to increase the number of databases? Based on the tier, I am limited to fixed number of databases, but is there a negative impact if I wanted to increase beyond this number? Since the memory of the cache applies across all databases, why is there these limits?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add Redis certificates to java truststore

Connecting from java client to Azure Redis SSL port requires us to import the Redis certificate to java kestore. This is not documented in the Redis SSL java client. Is it posssible to add the certificate to JDK itself ?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Do not load too many monitoring dashboards when loading Azure Redis Cache

Every time I clicked on my redis, it took so long to load the monitoring dashboards. And after waiting for a long time, I tried to click on one of the monitoring dashboard, say, "Connections", the webpage did not respond...
    I do not if this is a good place to give feedback on, since this might be poor frontend design...... I just want to call out this pain

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Provide more information in Resource health.

Please provide more detailed information when Redis Service is unavailable. So that customer don't need to raise a support request to find out if it is caused by update.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Azure Redis Cache - P2 plan has misleading information/characteristics

Redis P2 cache plan has inconsistent information about its characteristics/properties regarding Network Performance.

In the Pricing documentation it says it has "High" network Performance. See https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/details/cache/

However when I go to create/buy the plan it says it has "Moderate" Network Performance. See: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-cache-for-redis/cache-how-to-scale#will-i-lose-data-from-my-cache-during-scaling

Which information is correct?. Please update either to be consistent.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
1 3 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base