Cache

Azure Cache is a family of cache offerings that support high throughput, low-latency data access, to enable building fast, scalable applications.
- Azure Redis Cache (Preview) is based on the popular open source Redis Cache engine. The service gives users access to a secure, dedicated Redis Cache, managed by Microsoft.
- Azure Managed Cache Service: Built on App Fabric Cache. This is a dedicated managed service.
- In-Role Cache: Built on App Fabric Cache. This is a self-hosted cache, available via the Azure SDK.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Redis Cache should also support persistence

Redis supports persistence and not acting as a cache (with a LRU key eviction policy).

I would like to be able to provision a Redis cluster that never drops data added to it.

577 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    16 comments  ·  Azure Redis Cache  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add support for AOF persistence or smaller RDB intervals

It should be possible to set a smaller interval for Redis snapshots (or a manually triggered one) and to choose between AOF or RDB or both for the persistence method.

264 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Azure Redis Cache  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. It should be possible to scale up pricing plan for Redis Cahce

In the portal today I can't scale up a Redis cache instanse. I'm stuck in Standard 250 MB and I want 1 GB. Does not seem to be possible.

My workaround now is to create a new redis cache with 1GB.

237 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Azure Redis Cache  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add Redis Cache service support in Japan East/West Region

Not available cache service in Japan Region big opportunity loss. I no longer forced to use the East Asia bad latency.

155 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Azure Redis Cache  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Redis Cache should provide an Interface to test the Cache Failover capabilities

I wanted to test the Redis Cache Failover scenario (with Standard edition) for an enterprise application. But with current portal there are no ways we can test this capability.

Also would also like to test scenarios when one of the cache server is not performing well what are the heuristic defined for failing over to other node.

115 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Azure Redis Cache  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow clustering of caches in different regions

Allow me to have Redis Caches in different regions and link them together in a bi-directional sync configuration so when you add something to the cache in one region, the data gets replicated to the other caches. This keeps the cache local and fast when you're running a site in multiple regions.

86 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Azure Redis Cache  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Geo-Replication is now available for use as a feature. It is released as a Preview at the moment. The replication is uni-directional at the moment.

Geo-replication provides a mechanism for linking two Premium tier Azure Redis Cache instances. One cache is designated as the primary linked cache, and the other as the secondary linked cache. The secondary linked cache becomes read-only, and data written to the primary cache is replicated to the secondary linked cache. This functionality can be used to replicate a cache across Azure regions.

Here is some more information: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/redis-cache/cache-how-to-geo-replication.

We will continue to add more geo-replication scenarios. Please let us know what you’d like to see and in what priority order.

7. Support Redis Expire Keyspace Notifications

Receiving a callback when a key expires is currently not supported. Please add this as it provided a great way for handling session expiration.

82 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Azure Redis Cache  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Support hyphen in cache URL

Add support for using a hyphen in the URL for a redis cache instance. myapp-dev or myapp-test is much more aesthetically pleasing and easier to parse than myappdev or myapptest.

65 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Azure Redis Cache  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Restart option for Azure Redis Cache

Currently I havn't seen any UI command to Restart Azure Redis Cache Service.
    I know there is a way to shutdown and start however missing in the portal.

59 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Azure Redis Cache  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add integration with V2 Virtual networks

Hello,
    Right now we have integration between classic virtual networks and Redis Cache.
    It's a very strong blocker for migration from classic to v2 model and also blocker if customer already using v2 infrastructure...

37 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Define ACL Rules for your Cache Instance

it would be great if we could further secure our Redis instance by defining the allowed IP addresses. Typically our cache is only accessed by our IIS application server therefore there is no need for the cache to be exposed to the public internet.

37 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Azure Redis Cache  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

There are various things you can do now. You can deploy your cache into a VNET and have NSG rules restrict the traffic to what is desired. Please ensure to look at this so that you enable access to the required ports (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/redis-cache/cache-how-to-premium-vnet#what-are-some-common-misconfiguration-issues-with-azure-redis-cache-and-vnets).

You can also use the firewall feature to configure firewall rules to restrict access to only certain IP addresses. You might find this (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/redis-cache/cache-configure#firewall) useful.

12. Enable firewall for all Azure Redis Cache dedicated service pricing tiers

Currently the Azure Redis Cache only allows the firewall to be set on premium pricing tiers. This security service should be available on all pricing tiers with a dedicated service

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. [REQUEST] Please re-enable "retention" setting for Redis Cashe Diagnostics.

We can't configure "retention" for Azure Redis Cache Diagnostics right now, even though we were used to configure it from Preview Portal. Please re-enable "retention" setting so that we don't need to delete logs manually.

-Japanese-
    Redis Cache の診断ログにおいて、以前はプレビューポータルからリテンションを設定することができましたが、現在は設定することができません。利用者が手動でログを削除する必要がないようにリテンションの設定を有効化してください。

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Azure Redis Cache  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add redis management features to the portal

Add basic management features to see the content of the Redis cache (e.g. key items, values for keys, flush db etc.)

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  Pranav.Rastogi responded

We have added Keys counter which allows you to see the total/ expired and evicted keys as well.

15. Take snapshots of the cache for download

Since commands such as 'SAVE' and 'BGSAVE' are disabled on the azure redis,I was hoping to find a equivalent of this operation(save,bgsave) to take a snapshot of my data on the cache and download it for local testing or upload it a new azure cache with better plan/config since I cannot upgrade my current plan.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Reboot all redis tiers on dedicated infrastructure

Why can we only reboot premium tier instances? I get that if we're on a multi-tenant setup we can't reboot - but once we get to STANDARD tier we should be able to reboot, not just premium.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow import of block blob data to redis , as of now my .rdb file should be multiple of 512 bytes for page blob

I am not able to upload my .rdb file as page blob to azure storage , as the file size is not in multiple of 512 bytes

The back up I took from other cloud provider

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Maintenance time of RedisCache server should be out of business hours in Japan

Maintenance time of RedisCache server should be out of business hours in Japan

The last maintenance started 0:00 UTC. That hit business start time in Japan (a.m. 09:00 JPT). The business impact was critical.
    Please plan the maintenance in Japan out of business hour in Japan considering local time.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add Redis Cache support to Azure Government

It would be really useful if Azure Government supported Azure Redis Cache.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow management of Azure Redis Cache through REST API

It would be good to be able to programmatically create and manage Azure Redis Caches. Example scenario: bringing up an automated test environment for a short time to test builds/applications before deployment to production space without interfering with production cache.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base