How can we improve Azure Cache?

Redis Cache should also support persistence

Redis supports persistence and not acting as a cache (with a LRU key eviction policy).

I would like to be able to provision a Redis cluster that never drops data added to it.

577 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Andrew Armstrong shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

16 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Well it's there, but only in premium. I can't afford $600/mo to add persistence. My enterprise subscription wouldn't even cover that for prototyping my app idea.

• Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We'd like to be able to persist our cache to disk. It takes too long to load the cache with data after a re-start.

• Flavian Hautbois commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is really a must-have, Azure storage does not provide the adequate throughput or a clear API (looking at you, limitation over how many rows can be inserted at the same time).

Yes, this is a must-have feature. I have to stop using Redis Cache because losing data.
        Some options like: persistence data to SQL database, disk, blob, Azure storage . Thanks

• Preet commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is the azure redis cache supports writing to DB?

if the cache reach max memory or entry reaches max TTL, i want to listen to that eviction notification and than save that entry into DB? is it possible currently?

• Steven Burman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have set the Maxmemory policy to 'noeviction' yet my keys are still expired by my Redis instance.

I understand why 'volatile-lru' is a sensible default, but if I explicitly set 'noeviction' I should not be subjected to key deletion.

I require persistent storage - something that Redis is more than capable of.

Thanks Sourabh,
        The eviction policy doesn't help, because the entire cache is wiped out regardless of the eviction policy.

• Samir commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there any update on this? Our Redis Cache keeps losing its data for no reason every 2 weeks or so

• Ilya Pimenov commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We urgently need to use Redis as a persistent storage. Could you please add this feature as soon as possible.
        We tried to test the current Redis Azure service and all our data is reset approximately every two weeks.

• Andrew Armstrong commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Saurabh,

I use Redis as both a cache (server #1) and persistent data store (server #2).

For Server #2's use case; I need no data to be evicted for any automatic reason (noeviction policy).

Secondly, I want reasonable guarantees of durability - the master/***** replication is kept up to date (so a failover won't lose 99% of the data etc), but also that data can be persisted to disk using the AOF file Redis supports - which would protect against both master/***** rebooting for some reason.

Does that help?

Cheers
        - Andrew

Feedback and Knowledge Base