Cache

Azure Cache is a family of cache offerings that support high throughput, low-latency data access, to enable building fast, scalable applications.
- Azure Redis Cache (Preview) is based on the popular open source Redis Cache engine. The service gives users access to a secure, dedicated Redis Cache, managed by Microsoft.
- Azure Managed Cache Service: Built on App Fabric Cache. This is a dedicated managed service.
- In-Role Cache: Built on App Fabric Cache. This is a self-hosted cache, available via the Azure SDK.

1. Enable persistence for basic tiers

Persistence only for the Premium tier is total overkill for any DEV/TST scenario and smaller projects, with pricing starting at over 400 USD alone. Think about a small 20 MB Cache, which is a realistic for tons of scenarios. I didn't even blink before deleting my Azure Redis Cache again after I discovered that I couldn't enable persistence for my sandbox.

Also, that limitation is vastly artificial. As a comparison, Redis themselves offer a FREE tier with persistence included.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Service Status for Maintenance on hosts or Redis Service

When maintenance is carried out on the Redis Cache hosts or Redis Services, no indication of this is given anywhere.
    We need to be forewarned about maintenance.
    When monitoring starts detecting issues we are then ready for it or at least know why we are getting the connection errors or timeouts.

Currently when maintenance is done:
    Azure service status => ZERO INDICATION
    Azure Planned maintenance => ZERO INDICATION
    Health Alerts => ZERO INDICATION
    Redis Cache Health => ZERO INIDCATION

43 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Azure Redis Cache  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make Redis creation more reliable

I have an ARM template that creates Redis resources, basic tier. Usually, Redis spins up fine, but, occasionally, it completes with Azure Redis giving a status of "Failed". All calls will then result in an error. I then have to delete the resource and try again.

This is something that Azure should be doing on its own. When Azure reports that it created a resource for me, there should actually be a working resource there.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Azure Redis Cache  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. [Request] Please fix error messages when deploying Azure Redis Cache

I try to create Azure Cache for Redis on VNET that does not meet the inbound and outbound port requirements, I get the following error:
    {"code":"DeploymentFailed","message":"At least one resource deployment operation failed. Please list deployment operations for details. Please see https://aka.ms/arm-debug for usage details.","details":[{"code":"Conflict","message":"{\r\n \"status\": \"Failed\",\r\n \"error\": {\r\n \"code\": \"ResourceDeploymentFailure\",\r\n \"message\": \"The resource operation completed with terminal provisioning state 'Failed'.\"\r\n }\r\n}"}]}

Since the error message was confusing, it was confused with the presence of Redis of the same name, and it took a long time to investigate.
    Could you please improve the error message properly when building of Azure Redis…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Azure Redis Cache - P2 plan has misleading information/characteristics

Redis P2 cache plan has inconsistent information about its characteristics/properties regarding Network Performance.

In the Pricing documentation it says it has "High" network Performance. See https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/details/cache/

However when I go to create/buy the plan it says it has "Moderate" Network Performance. See: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-cache-for-redis/cache-how-to-scale#will-i-lose-data-from-my-cache-during-scaling

Which information is correct?. Please update either to be consistent.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Please add a

Please add a button to clear the cache . We are facing huge hardships coz of this cache thing. if you need more information please contact us https://bileeta.com

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Azure Managed Cache  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Redis Databases 256

How can I change databases to 256?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. When will Microsoft release Azure Redis to be Redis 5.0 compliant so developers can take advantage of Streams and RediSearch?

When will Microsoft release Azure Redis to be Redis 5.0 compliant so developers can take advantage of Streams and RediSearch?

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Creating a Redis Cache (Basic tier) via the Portal sets the maxmemory-reserved value to "2" by default.

Creating a Redis Cache (Basic tier) via the Portal sets the maxmemory-reserved value to "2" by default. The Portal doesn't show this, but it can be seen via the REST API / SDK.

Now, by using the SDK to do CRUD on the Redis Cache tags (haven't tested on other config), it is returning an error saying that "The setting 'maxmemory-reserved' is not allowed on 'Basic' cache instances."

A workaround fix is to go back to the Portal, open the Advanced Settings of the Redis Cache and click Save even without changing anything. It will set the maxmemory-reserved to "0".

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Guide not complete for 2.2

Solution won't recognize .AddUserSecret until you add a nuget package fot it Microsoft.Extensions.Configuration.AddUserSecrets

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Ability to view list of connected clients

While on a support call you provided a list of the connected clients to a Redis Cache that we ourselves were not able to get through running commands, example below:

[04:32:23.4286188] Current Connections per Client (master):
    Connection Type: Normal
    104.45.143.245 (********2000000) => 4299
    104.45.143.245 (********2000002) => 546
    104.45.143.245 (********2000001) => 96
    104.45.143.245 (********2000004) => 12
    52.170.215.107 (********000001) => 6

To have the ability to get this list would be very helpful from a troubleshooting standpoint as today we are only able to get a list of all connections using…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Redis Cache host server update

We want to see the health report of Redis Cache if host server or guest server on which Redis cache is running is getting upgraded.

Currently, we don't have any report about when the redis cache became unavailable. Yesterday our redis cache was failing to make connection to our application and it failed with Socket failure error when I looked into the resource health it was showing available so this information was not correct.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Redis cache set access key from powershell instead of auto generated

Allow to set the access key for Redis cache from API/ powershell as , some times we need to recreate the redis cache in different tier and there is no way to maintain the same access key.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Redis Cache scale down from premium to basic

Today scale down of Redis cache is not supported from Premium tier to any of the lower tier.
    For cost saving some time it is necessary to do so without loosing access keys.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. application insights redis cache dependency tracking

hi, in one of my api i started calling redis cache using microsoft redis client library for .net core. so it will check in cache and if not found then it will call another microservice using httpclient call. Am noting in application insight end to end transaction details page its not showing up calls made to redis cache. I will have to use custom api to send that data to application insight it would be great if application insights even shows external calls to redis cache grouped in transaction details report in application insights

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Azure Redis Cache  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Provide more information in Resource health.

Please provide more detailed information when Redis Service is unavailable. So that customer don't need to raise a support request to find out if it is caused by update.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Filtering on resources: one text field that filters on all fields

Looking for a resource is quite a common thing. Now when you want to find a specific resource, i.e. the Redis Server for MyApp, you have to use two filters. This is an outdated concept and quite cumbersome.

If you look at any modern interface there is one generic text filter field that searches through all fields. The space is functioning as an *and* parameter.

redis myapp -> will return everything that matches in any tag these two words. Magically this is almost exactly what you need. The concept of generic search has been fixed, please add it properly to…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add Redis Console Support with VNET Integration

Redis Console can't connect to the cache when it is configured with a VNET.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Increase number of databases

Is there a way to increase the number of databases? Based on the tier, I am limited to fixed number of databases, but is there a negative impact if I wanted to increase beyond this number? Since the memory of the cache applies across all databases, why is there these limits?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Enable Auto-Scale up/down feature with minimum downtime

To avoid error by system transaction spike, it's useful to add autoscale feature. idealy, it across Pricing Tier.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base