Cache

Azure Cache is a family of cache offerings that support high throughput, low-latency data access, to enable building fast, scalable applications.
- Azure Redis Cache (Preview) is based on the popular open source Redis Cache engine. The service gives users access to a secure, dedicated Redis Cache, managed by Microsoft.
- Azure Managed Cache Service: Built on App Fabric Cache. This is a dedicated managed service.
- In-Role Cache: Built on App Fabric Cache. This is a self-hosted cache, available via the Azure SDK.

1. Make Redis creation more reliable

I have an ARM template that creates Redis resources, basic tier. Usually, Redis spins up fine, but, occasionally, it completes with Azure Redis giving a status of "Failed". All calls will then result in an error. I then have to delete the resource and try again.

This is something that Azure should be doing on its own. When Azure reports that it created a resource for me, there should actually be a working resource there.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Azure Redis Cache  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. azure redis cache pricing page

The information in this page (https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/details/cache/) seems to be wrong - headers for 2nd and 3rd columns seem swapped as they list that Standard is the top performance tier, whereas Premium is in-between Basic and Standard.
    Also, you should consider a more effective way to report this type of bugs, directly in the page, rather than going to a general feedback forum which may not be the proper place...

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Add time stamps for redis cache deployment name

redis cache deployments from the portal always using the same name "redis.cache" and new deployments will replace the old deployment history. Please work on adding a time stamp in the deployment name.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Guide not complete for 2.2

Solution won't recognize .AddUserSecret until you add a nuget package fot it Microsoft.Extensions.Configuration.AddUserSecrets

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Increase number of databases

Is there a way to increase the number of databases? Based on the tier, I am limited to fixed number of databases, but is there a negative impact if I wanted to increase beyond this number? Since the memory of the cache applies across all databases, why is there these limits?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add Redis certificates to java truststore

Connecting from java client to Azure Redis SSL port requires us to import the Redis certificate to java kestore. This is not documented in the Redis SSL java client. Is it posssible to add the certificate to JDK itself ?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
2 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base