Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    riaanvddoolriaanvddool shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

12 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Adrian Hope-BailieAdrian Hope-Bailie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We all know you can use Azure from South Africa but it's painfully slow due to the latency. Nobody here is going to take Azure seriously until we can host our Azure service in a data centre in SA or elsewhere in Africa

• Beyers CronjeBeyers Cronje commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Guy Burstein, how can you even remotely mark this issue as Completed ? The suggestion is for hosting centers in South Africa, i.e. a data center hosted in South Africa. Go look at your map http://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/regions/ , notice that large continent in the middle of the world map, do you see any Azure region dots on it? No! As mentioned by others, the latency to go from South Africa to the closest Azure region is just too high to host anything serious.

• Tyler DoerksenTyler Doerksen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is not actually completed. The suggestion was for "hosting centers" in South Africa, not just commercial availability.

• Geoffrey BallendenGeoffrey Ballenden commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How is this completed? I don't see a data center located in Africa never mind South Africa. The closest data center is half the planet away so the latency is huge. In order to host anything decent you need to be hosted on the same continent at least!

• RiaanRiaan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, at the very least cloud services and storage in South Africa. This would be really helpful.

• Denis JacobsDenis Jacobs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, it is sad that South Africa isn't in the list. When will we hav Azure access in RSA?

Feedback and Knowledge Base