How can we improve Azure SQL Database?

Add DTC support for SQL Azure

I want to utilise LINQ and TransactionScope in my web roles and DTC support in SQL Azure would solve this problem

275 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    BernieBernie shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    ChristopherChristopher shared a merged idea: Distributed Transactions in SQL Azure  ·   · 
    FranciscoFrancisco shared a merged idea: dtc  ·   · 
    Vincent-Philippe LauzonVincent-Philippe Lauzon shared a merged idea: Support TransactionScope for light transaction  ·   · 
    iprogrammeriprogrammer shared a merged idea: Platform should support a two phase commit process for all durable resource managers  ·   · 
    orz_yukiorz_yuki shared a merged idea: Distributed transactions Support  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Add SQL Azure support for DTC/TransactionScope  ·   · 

We understand that there are a class of apps that could benefit from transaction coordination with SQL Database. We hope to look at this more in the future, however we don’t have immediate plans to ship a DTC for SQL Database. Customers should use eventual consistency techniques in the absence of DTC.

12 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...