Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    anonymousanonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Change tracking is used for syncing records which is a big part of a distributed model. To sync with mobile devices for example. And that's a big part of why SQL Azure even exists.

• JasonJason commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adding change tracking and change data capture would be of immense help to developers who need to store audit trails

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I too am shafted by the lack of SQL Change Tracking support; this is such a vital feature with respect to efficient mobile client synchronization, that I can't believe it has been dropped. Grand openin', grand closin'.

• WcfMeWcfMe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is really, really needed. If I could give it 20 points, I would.

• Florin NeamtuFlorin Neamtu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd greatly need this feature too. I was actually surprised is not yet supported by Azure Database.
        The article referred below is not really a solution for change tracking, as it only allows basic auditing of when a row was created, when was last updated and when was deleted (which anyway most experience software engineers enable when creating database tables). What I need is the change tracking feature from sql server, where modifications to the data can be tracked automatically. And just as Jason said, I'd be happy to pay extra for this feature.

• Jason R. CraigJason R. Craig commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Sync Framework tooling in VS2010 should work no differently with SQL Azure than with a local SQL database.

Feedback and Knowledge Base