Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Lev NovikLev Novik shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: sql azure will support CLR stored procedures  ·   · 
    Dave HutchingsDave Hutchings shared a merged idea: Service Bus and ability to create a brokered message  ·   · 
    Neil WeicherNeil Weicher shared a merged idea: Support Extended Stored Procedures.  ·   · 
    GETMOREGETMORE shared a merged idea: allow use of regular expressions and other usefull CLR methods  ·   · 
    umpahumpah shared a merged idea: support SAFE CLR please  ·   · 
    anonymousanonymous shared a merged idea: Add support for CLR Integration  ·   · 

19 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jimi  JJimi J commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

CLR Triggers and SPs are very critical for the overall performance of our application. Hence, we can't move to SQL azure.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

CLR is the only reason for us at this point to stick to on-premises. I wish Microsoft would consider adding CLR to Azure.

• Henri KoppenHenri Koppen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I understand the CLR is complex in a multi-tenant environment, and with worker roles it's fairly easy to work around, but I use CLR a lot (template replacements, regex) so i'd love to have it!

• AndrewAndrew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The only way to get real regex functionality. In fact why don't you just add in one module as a clr that has a regex match function since that's the main reason most people that I talk with use it.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seems noone from SQL Azure want to talk about the adding back of CLR, maybe they have big issue to do that, and they haven't figured it out how to do it.

• Brian WhiteBrian White commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really sad to see it isn't supported. I just came across a situation perfectly solved by CLR and I was hoping to use SQL Azure as my data back end, this is a dissapointment.

• WcfMeWcfMe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need CLR for Regular Expression parsing. If there will be no CLR in Azure, we need something TSQL-native. Regular Expressions are not new technology...

• Mike GMike G commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Aggregate functions are the things I would most like to see in terms of CLR support. These have given use huge perf gains for some types of query and it's a big blocker for pueruaging my collegues to even look at SQL azure

• AlexSM13AlexSM13 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to see realised "full CLR support":
        CLR SP, CLR UDF, CLR Types, and possibility to write custom aggregate functions, based on CLR.

• crpietschmanncrpietschmann commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can now use the SQL Spatial data types with SQL Azure database. It would still be nice to have the ability to use the SQL CLR just as in SQL Server.

• wyx1999wyx1999 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, CLR is very important, without CLR. It is like the SQL Azure is back to SQL 2000

• Jamie ThomsonJamie Thomson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yep. Supporting CLR would mean the CLR types (spatial and hierarchyid) would be open to us as well. Bring it on!

Feedback and Knowledge Base