How can we improve Azure Active Directory?

Merge office365 and live accounts that use the same email address

I use both Azure/msdn and office 365
I already had an msdn account mvdl@our-company.com ( Windows Live account) and our company recently migrated to Office 365 which resulted in a mvdl@our-company.com Office365 account.

Wich is causing a lot of grieve when switching between asure web portal / msdn web portal / office 365 web portal

Even when I have no portals open, I cant switch accounts. I need to explicity open the portal that I last logged in to. Log out, and then I can switch accounts.

And having both office 365 portal and Azure portal open at the same time is impossible.

130 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    MarcoMarco shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Mark HildrethMark Hildreth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I totally agree. We created a Microsoft account (admin@company.com) so that we could create Windows Azure subscriptions. We then we've adopted Office 365, creating an account using that Microsoft account. We set up dir sync (to Office 365) thinking this would allow us to give our staff access to the Azure subscriptions using their sync'd accounts, but we are left with two disparate AD tenants: one of Office 365 (sync'd) and one under the Microsoft account (not sync'd).

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is not really an Azure issue. This is how the client stores cookies. In IE use inprivate browsing. This prevents storing cred info.

Please please please please please sort this out. Ive just moved my corporate email from Gmail to Office365 and its been a MASSIVE pain in the ******. Microsoft services are now confused over my email address, I have to keep logging in and out of everything, its just completely crazy that when I moved my corporate email over that it created new microsoft ID's with the same email address. What drugged-up employee at Microsoft had that great idea ??????

Now I've gotta setup my GMAIL corporate email all over again - what a disaster

Please please please please please sort this out. Ive just moved my corporate email from Gmail to Office365 and its been a MASSIVE pain in the ******. Microsoft services are now confused over my email address, I have to keep logging in and out of everything, its just completely crazy that when I moved my corporate email over that it created new microsoft ID's with the same email address. What drugged-up employee at Microsoft had that great idea ??????

Now I've gotta setup my GMAIL corporate email all over again - what a disaster

• ChrisChris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, quite important. Accounts - MSDN, Azure, O365 are not necessarily set up at the same time, nor necessarily by the same implementation team. We would like to have all the accounts under a single email address. In our case Mgmt would like to see the account under a single new email address, butI'd take a single old one if I could get it.

• Matthew ColeMatthew Cole commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We face the same issue, although ours is slightly larger, we are a Gold Partner and have Azure credits, which can only be applied to a 'Live' account, yet our O365AD will only be displayed in a 'Organisational' account.

Please give us the option of either:
        * Activating our IUR on our Organisational Account (Preffered)
        * Linking our O365 AD to our Live account in Azure
        * Merging both Live account and Organisation account so we don't have to manage multiple logins multiple passwords etc.

Feedback and Knowledge Base