How can we improve Azure Active Directory?

Ability to connect Windows Azure Active Directory Account to Windwos 8 Account

For small deployments (without ADDS/ADFS on-premises) it would be very useful if user could login Windows with a WAAD Account. That means: same user experience with WAAD Account as todays experience with public Microsoft (Live) ID.

169 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Pirmin FelberPirmin Felber shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    planned  ·  Robert FallerRobert Faller responded  · 

Thank you for the suggestion and I will pass your idea along to appropriate Program Manager.

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Stuart MorrisStuart Morris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please implement this! I have just run into this use-case so the sooner the better! (Specifically with not being able to use Intune with a Microsoft Account). For the small cloud-only deployment, it's not worth hosting ADFS in Azure..

• Jeff EvansJeff Evans commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Making the move to a purely cloud based infrastructure means that this is a must have for us. Having to setup an ADDS in the cloud to basically replicate what WAAD already contains is just way too heavy.
        Please allow direct WAAD access for Windows user accounts/authentication, contacts, groups etc.. so that we can bypass AD altogether.

• Jared Pickerell - Troy USD 429Jared Pickerell - Troy USD 429 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Where this would be very beneficial is to be able to use our WAAD/Office 365/Organizational Account (all the same thing) for the Microsoft Store and office.microsoft.com (also Onenote mobile apps that require to first log into a Microsoft Account)! Microsoft's requirement of only allowing Windows 8 to link to a personal "Microsoft Account" and not WAAD/O365 is causing huge problems for educational institutions and businesses wanting to deploy Windows 8 and fully utilize all online services in a managed manner.

• Tom Van GramberenTom Van Gramberen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For sure a great idea for SMB's moving to Office365.

I actually have a live case where we are discussing if an ADDS deployment is useful. This could be an alternative.

Feedback and Knowledge Base